Daily Driver Shortage

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Dave_in_AZ, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Today's article is CRITICAL driver shortage.

Why aren't there a bazillion loads to choose from then?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Tomorrow. Just wait and see. Better stock up on groceries today.

Upinsmoke, Dave_in_AZ and fss99701 Thank this.
  4. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Daily driver shortage is back, saying consumers to feel the cost.

Next article "Sky is falling" economy is slowing.

Next article - expanding your business with solid freight relationships.

o_O

5. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    and then exclude those who can't pass a hair follicle test, sleep apnea test, won't stay out for an undetermined number of days, needs more than $800 a week, wants a truck that will go at least 65 and stays warm in the winter and cool in the summer, and most of all wants to be treated like a human being. Well, that's where the 18 year old drivers come in.
    "Here ya go, boy. Good luck."

More BS from those who make it the best.

You're welcome.

6. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    Today's article "Trucking Schools Navigate Driver Shortage. "

Yet no one ever writes about trucking schools not teaching students to navigate.

Why is every single parking spot full at these monster truck stops if there is a driver shortage?

roshea, Upinsmoke, bzinger and 2 others Thank this.
  7. fss99701

fss99701 Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2019
    none of your business
    They should reword their story to, drivers with an IQ above 60 shortage.
    I think the big carriers will always find somebody to throw in the seat.
    But with the low wages, all the regulations, and slave labor practices of some of the mega carriers. I can definitely see why the industry has trouble getting decent people.
    Looking back if I would have known then what I know now I would have never bothered getting a CDL. I know there's money to be made and I have made decent money. But when you got dispatchers texting you every 5 minutes asking you for an ETA when you're still 400 miles away it's kind of stupid. And when you are down to 30 minutes on your clock left and 150 miles from your destination and your dispatcher is telling you just to log into personal conveyance and run the extra 150 loaded. Waiting two days sometimes to get unloaded. The biggest problem I have with over the road is all the extra hours you work totally unpaid and the fact that I can make more money running local with way less bullcrap. I just came back from the lower 48 and decided I'm done with over the road if it's out of Alaska I'm just not doing it too much BS I can make twice as much money locally.
    What an absolute crap industry.

PS forgot to mention all the times I've been screwed out of money buy small fly-by-night carriers and an owner operator going through bankruptcy. who had a problem, with buying more trucks than he could afford. I drove about seven thousand miles for this guy before I realized something was not right.
    Never did get paid end up costing me about $800 to drive 7000 miles for him. dude seemed like a pretty good guy he just was absolutely retarded when it came to managing money and living within his means.

I know this ain't going to be popular but it's the truth, at least my version of it in my three years of driving.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    Slowmover1, speedyk, JoeTruck and 6 others Thank this.
  8. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    At this point I would just like the schools to ensure the "student" knows their left from their right.

Upinsmoke, mjd4277 and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  9. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    When I go to the store & they are noticeably missing products/items, then I'll admit there is a driver shortage. Until then.... there is no driver shortage.

roshea, Slowmover1, D.Tibbitt and 6 others Thank this.
  10. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    See Walmart’s fleet for reference.
    Something is seriously wrong when you screw over your drivers with over 20+ years experience and give their runs to someone with only one month experience behind the wheel.

Upinsmoke, JC1971, bzinger and 2 others Thank this.
  11. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    And why are all these trucks still at this monster truck stop if there's a driver shortage?

Isn't there freight that needs desperately delivered before consumers feel the burden that's going to be placed on them by the truck driver?

Upinsmoke and bzinger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.