Daily Logs- Post Trip Inspection

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by deathB4decaf, Jan 10, 2018.

1. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    We use a 3rd party auditor also. The issue is... he isn't always correct. I'm brand new to all of this and I've pointed out some of the things he says aren't true. Like, a 30 minute break must be done in the first 4 1/2 hours and I told him it was 8.

Yesterday was my second meeting with him. In our first meeting he never once brought up the post trip inspection and looking back at the driver's logs, very few of them showed time for a post trip, however, yesterday he flagged all of my paperwork for no post trip inspection and my boss said he has NEVER even brought that up before I started cleaning up the logs. I'm wondering if he just needs something to mark on the paperwork to say "Hey, I'm still relevant". Regardless on whether he finds mistakes or not, we need him.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Regulation to back that up?

I much prefer doing a through post trip and a quick pre trip of lights, tires, and new leaks.

If I find any issues in my post trip I can get them addressed over night and be ready to roll in the morning. This is critical when pulling oversize loads and running daylight hours only.

deathB4decaf Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.