Dallas County Texas Sheriff

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Kozakvod, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Kozakvod

Kozakvod Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2013
    This wasn’t told directly to me, but through a very close friend who buys cars in Houston IAA and Copart. The company that brings cars to him pretty frequently had a driver stopped by Dallas County Sheriff this morning as he came into town.

The sheriff told the driver that car haulers are NOT essential transportation and told him to go unload and leave the county. Said if he caught him again it would be $1,000 fine.

Flat Earth Trucker and Bakerman Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. clausland

clausland Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2014
    North Woods
    Meanwhile Homie's selling smack in the alley, Vladimir is skimming the ATM's, and Bert's burgling the closed business next door. Priorities man, priorities...

4. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
    Always have a pallet of onions on the trailer just in case.

5. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    The Feds granted an exemption stating otherwise. Our safety dept sent all of our drivers and owner ops a copy of the letter to carry if stopped by law enforcement.

6. Kozakvod

Jan 24, 2013
    Thats very good info Banker. Does that letter have a Fed reference number or some way to find a copy of it?

Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  7. INRUT

INRUT Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2016
    I seriously doubt that’s true, I drive DFW 5 days a week, in & out of county. All local enforcement has been in show of force mode last several days including today. You can probably even get away with ignoring left lane restrictions right now, although there no need as light as traffics been.

Texas_hwy_287 and Kozakvod Thank this.
  8. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I can’t post it because my letter is company specific. But the exemption is industry wide not company specific. I am not certain where you would find the original from the FMCSA. Possibly on their website, but I am not sure.

Kozakvod Thanks this.
  9. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Dallas County has lost their mind. They are not targeting car haulers per se, rather they have declared that tow trucks are not essential vehicles in their county! They do not care what the Feds have to say, and really they do not have to listen as the letter from the CISA clearly states midway through it that it is simply guidance and does not create a Federal declaration or mandate.

That said, the Southwest Tow Operators is working on this with Governor Abbott's office to get Dallas County to come into line with the commonly accepted Federal list of essential services.

10. brian991219

brian991219 Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2013
    Lords Valley, PA
    Here is the CISA guidance that most companies are using to base their letters on. Maybe this will help the other posters.

https://files.constantcontact.com/0800e212101/8bdfc9fd-5356-4c8f-bd39-736b4d6665de.pdf

Hammer166, Hulld and Kozakvod Thank this.
  11. Kozakvod

Jan 24, 2013
    Yes I figured you couldn’t post it and certainly wouldn’t even ask it of you. Just hopi g the letter might have a fed reference ID or something to that effect. Thank you for the info.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.