Dangerous Truckers are ones that think they're in a 4-wheeler

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by bryan21384, Jun 17, 2018.

1. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I'm sitting here on I-40 in Tennessee right outside Dickson. Stuck. I can't go anywhere..I've seen two emergency vehicles, so it's safe to say there's a pretty fatal accident ....I expect 4 wheelers to use the median, emergency vehicle turn around, to get out of this....I've seen 3 truckers donthe same thing and they nearly caused another issue going west bound.....there would have been no way to explain that one if there was a fatality...rookies, if your sitting in a traffic jam it sucks. Don't use that median...too dangerous...either take the next exit to an alternative route, or go off duty for that mandated 30 min break.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    That rings true.

You never take her off road along a interstate with a Semi truck.

I once ran clean off a paved road once in the rain, the right hand drives sink like a foot along with the steer and I used the last of my power slammed to the floor and gently horsed her back onto the pavement slow and easy, regardless of that embankment, tree, house etc coming larger really fast...

That would be my one time that I lost the road in a Semi and it's not fun.

That does not mean you cannot take a semi off road, Ive done that lots of time on purpose for specific situations. (Backing to a milk barn in a tanker semi for example in the mud, rock crawling etc. Thank god for walking beams and a really huge RPM range.

A interstate median is not a place you want to take a semi. Once on it Well.. Sir Issac's Physics Lessons come into play very quickly and might be paid for in blood or loss of lives.

4. Woodys

Woodys Heavy Load Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Tampa, FL
  5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    like in the video, in posting # 3, i too have seen rummies trying to make u-turns in the comedian, and get stuck, or have an accident.

personally, when i see any rummy, newbie, rookie or experienced driver do such a stupid move and get stuck, i laugh my arse off at'em.

and i can assure everyone here, that IF i were to WITNESS an accident due to thier stupidity, I WILL tell the cops what i saw....and of course, to RUB salt INTO the wounds of the rummy truck driver, I WILL CALL his company as well......

bryan21384 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    Saw one do a uturn like that on I81 in Va. and hit a snowplow!

7. adayrider

adayrider Road Train Member

May 7, 2018
    I've done it, but I always use a cross over.

It was the middle of the night with little traffic in the winter.

8. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    Never use the shoulder. If that is the ambulances only route, and you get stuck, you may have just killed someone. But at least you passed a few vehicles

Lepton1 and cmarona463 Thank this.
  9. razor1983

razor1983 Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2011
    That video is gold! The CB commentary makes it even funnier.

But I’ve got to say I been tempted to try and drive over the grass onto a frontage road, never did it because I’ve seen videos like that

10. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    A good driver would of walked it first to see how soft it was.....lol Who's in a hurry now clown.

11. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Whoa!!!!!! I would hate to see that fine!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.