Dart sign on bonus

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Clara3, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Online, dart claims to offer a sign on bonus but the recruiter I've been in contact with at dart said that there is no sign on bonus. Does anybody know what that is about? Is Dart not as good and honest of a company as I previously thought?

bzinger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    They’re advertising a $4000 sign on bonus for local drivers in Northern Indiana, maybe it has to do with the position you’re apply for. It’s entirely possible the recruiter doesn’t know what they’re talking about.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    Clara3 and bzinger Thank this.
  4. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
  5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Either the recruiter is wrong or the website is.

Companies don't update websites as often as they should, and recruiters are known to lie. Most likely it's a combination. There is a sign on bonus, but for specific lanes and hiring areas.

Clara3 Thanks this.
  6. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    And if there is a sign on bonus run like hell .

7. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    Ah i see! Thanks

Vic Firth Thanks this.
  8. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    the best companies dont offer you anything, but a chance of a job. no big black writing, no big sign on bonus etc.

Clara3 and bzinger Thank this.
  9. Clara3

Clara3 Light Load Member

Oct 20, 2019
    That's what i assumed. I was starting to think maybe the bad companies offer the big bonuses. Thanks!

bzinger Thanks this.
  10. Atlanta trucker

Atlanta trucker Road Train Member

Jan 25, 2017
    It depends on what job you are looking for. Dart tries to put you on a dedicated account so there isn’t a lot of 1 size fits all there. Flip it around and ask them which positions have sign on bonus ? When I first started there they gave me a $10,000 sign on bonus but when I returned a second time to work for them there was 0 sign on bonus but I’m old picky and don’t touch snow and ice so it’s up to you to find the deal you like the most.

Clara3 Thanks this.
  11. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    There is no such thing as a “sign on bonus” they’re going to get that money from you over the course of the year anyhow. They don’t pay it to you when you sign. They pay it to you, usually at the end of the year. Or in increments throughout the year. And they usually pay you a little less per vial throughout that year to cover the cost of that bonus. It’s all math, it’s all a game of Numbers, they’ll cheat you out of detention pay or whatever to make it out up to that bonus by the end of the year.

Furthermore, I doubt any carriers are going to be offering bonuses right now. Why should they? There’s going to be the biggest surplus of truck drivers needing work probably in this country’s history in a couple weeks.

Clara3 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.