dash cam, sunglasses, seat cushions

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Tynom, Jun 22, 2013.

1. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee

I heard this comedian say...You'll lose or damage an expensive pair of sunglasses every time, blah, blah, blah. Buy a $10 pair and you can't get rid of them. He said he threw them out the window on the freeway. The next day there they were in the glovebox. I find some truth in that statement other than the last part. I guess because you're more apt to wear the good pair everywhere raising the risk for loss or damage? My current pair I've had about 7 years... $10. :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    1. Yes can help you or hurt you but will probably help more than anything.

2. Yes cheap or expensive It don't matter. I have a pair of $169.99 sunglasses I love the darn things and they have survived a 6ft fall from the air cleaner...felt like an idiot after that one glad nobody ran them over while they were on the road. Anyway cheap or expensive isn't the issue the issue is you will need sunglasses period weather you run nights or days you'll need them for sunsets and sunrises...and if the truck you drive has a lot of chrome you'll DEFINITELY need them!!!!!

3. Never heard of them don't use them. I have lumbar supports and stuff on my seat so that works I guess...actually no they don't but I wouldn't use them anyway.

I wish my $10 sunglasses last that long. last $10 pair I had didn't even make it to the check out counter dropped em and stepped on em...took em right back to the display and put them on the bottom. Cost walmart $10 oh well guess karma's a pain!:biggrin_2559:

VisionLogistics and CondoCruiser Thank this.
  4. x#1

x#1 Road Train Member

Dec 24, 2009
    Cherokee County, Alabama
    i don't know what i am missing here but please rephrase that.I drive in the far left lane enough to not need everything recorded yet i need a dashcam simply because.yeah i have/use a lot of throttle.your post could make me go ahead and purchase.i simply don't understand the memory,etc. nor do i comprehend exactly what you are stating.well i kind of get the memory but having 2 cards?

yep.i am that antiquated driver that needs to step into at least the 20th century.thanks in advance-

5. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    That's so true. I tried to buy a nice pair of sunglasses. Within 2 weeks they were lost. Bought a cheap pair from a gas station and I can't get rid of them

6. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    my dash can (with a 32gd card) will record and save the last 8hr's before you loops, go in and take a shower, go out to eat and it will record everything that is see's when i'm gone... go to bed and it still recording everything, came in handy when I was hit at a truck stop..... showed everything leading up to when I was hit not just when...

the reason I have a 2gb card handy is because if something happens that I wouldn't want someone to see I can just change card's and let it run, by the time someone see's the dash cam (leo) it would be more than 30min (the record time of the 2gb card) so it would have looped and wouldn't show anything....

x#1 Thanks this.
  7. Pmracing

Pmracing Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Cheap sunglasses, while a cool phrase in a song, they can damage your eyes.

Sunglasses can make your pupils open up, especially very dark ones, and without quality UV protection in the lens more UV rays enter your eye and damage it.

Mikeeee

8. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I just bought a 6 pack of sun glasses. They are ANSI safety glasses, block 99% UV. They are indestructible and you can wear them in plants. $12.77 for all 6 at Sams Club. When one gets scratched I throw it away. They don't make much of a fashion statement but get the job done for cheap.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372022732.822446.jpg

VisionLogistics and Pmracing Thank this.
  9. VisionLogistics

VisionLogistics Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Jellystone
    ewwww.... not any of the zombies I've seen shuffling around the parking lot. :biggrin_25513:

*shivers*

10. Wanderingaimlessly

Wanderingaimlessly Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Sunglasses are a must have. Drove through lots of heavy snow storms with a pair of sunglasses on at night even.

11. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    It just so happens a sunglass article popped up on my homepage. :)

It pretty much tells everything about the color lense, shape, polarization, etc.

Full story.... http://living.msn.com/style-beauty/simply-chic-blog-post/?post=ad2d7b1d-b3ad-4685-9723-b48767d88696

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.