DD15 Liner Kit | Out of Stock too long?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by davidhern22, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    The oem don't care, once they put the engine to rest, they make so many parts to support those in the field and have a formula to scale it down to keep control on their bottom line.

I think that production of oem replacement parts are scheduled to fit into the production parts and dd feels aftermarket will pick up the slack.

The shortage may be a pipeline issue with distribution or maybe a lack of parts for the kits.

AModelCat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Johny41

Johny41 Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    I purchased an EGR cooler reman an eBay, from 5* seller 450$ vs 1600$ at Volvo dealer, was a great deal. Last week i installed it on truck, was defective, leaking shining from box. I end up cleaning my old one put it back and double work.
    Honestly, i wouldn't trust truck parts from eBay, especially motor rebuilt kits, labor is way more expensive than parts.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Series 60 has been out of production for like 10 years now. The demand for overhaul parts is not likely very big.

I'm kind of torn on OEM vs Aftermarket engine parts. OEM "should" be higher quality but you get hosed on them in terms of price. Aftermarket parts seem to be hit or miss (but they're usually cheaper). Personally I'm likely going IPD on my next engine build.

5. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    You can get pretty much any part that had a CAT part number on a CAT engine regardless of year from CAT.

I know he said Detroit, but as many of these 60 series and DD engines that are still running, they should keep stock. Its ridiculous that they wouldn't.

Brickwall Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.