DDI Transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Muskywin, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Muskywin

Muskywin Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Anyone ever hear of this company?? Spoke with recruiter, sounds good, no weekends but I never believe recruiters. Any information would be Greatly Appreciated!!!! Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Muskywin

Muskywin Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    No one knows anything about DDI in Ashland, VA..........That might be a really GOOD sign. Come-on, I need help!!!!! Any info would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!

I DON'T WANT TO ACCEPT AN OFFER UNLESS I HERE FROM SOME OF YOU!!!

4. Muskywin

Muskywin Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Come on people!!!!!!! I need help!!!!!! Somebody somewhere has to have some info on ddi!!!!! I'm really considering moving to this company but i don't want to with out input from the members of this board!!!!!!

5. poorrednek

poorrednek Left Lane Gang

Oct 23, 2008
    THE DRAFT VA
    Can"t help ya i live in virgina and never heard of them. What part of the industry are they in? I thought i knew bout everybody in reefers and dry vans. Unless they are a small company

6. PaidTraveler

PaidTraveler Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Richmond, VA

I currently work for them now. The faint of heart need not apply, only for hardcore truckers. Need to love the job, and making money doing it. The recruiter is a great guy. I have known him for a few years from Warrior Express. I get home as often as I want, but remember you ain't making money sitting at home with mama.

7. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    I wonder what happened to the original poster????

8. Serenity Valley

Serenity Valley Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2011
    RICHMOND, VA
    I have worked for DDI for a couple years now. Ed Sargent is an old school BS artist but if you listen to what he says and not how he says it you will get what you need. If you are a co driver, you should make a decent living for a normal weeks work. O/O s have to work much harder to earn because DDI is so far behind the industry standard for pay rates. I am an O/O and I choose to stay there because I have a 6 month old and I am home most nights and EVERY weekend. Hope this helps.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2017
    Reason for edit: removed phone number
  9. tonymann1800

tonymann1800 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Sanford Fl
    Hey Were do they primarily run and do they have easy pass etc?
    Thanks

10. MIZP

MIZP Bobtail Member

May 24, 2011
    Don't know what the guy did about DDI Transportation. They have been in business for over 26 years out of Ashland,VA. They are a truckload carrier covering Southeast and Mid-West. Dry van, no touch freight. They run O/O as well as company drivers.

11. Hillbilly1

Hillbilly1 Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2011
    coastal va
    DDI is a hard running short/regional haul company that runs mainly from NC,VA,PA,NJ,MD and WV. They will get you home every weekend if that's what you want. I worked for them for a little over a year till leaving for personal reasons and would return if my situation allowed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.