Decisions

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Jeepwj02, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Jeepwj02

Jeepwj02 Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Georgia
    Hello everyone. Basically I wanna start out saying im 24 yrs old. Looking to get my life started and wanting to get into trucking. Why not right? Every driver who comes in at work asks me if im crazy haha. Well month after month has gone by I got on various websites and looked around and boiled down my searchs as far as what company I'd be interested in. Im looking into Roehl and Schnider. I have read little on Roehl and am not as familiar with them like I am with Schneider. I have spoke to many drivers personally who work with Schneider. Its all mixed reviews. Some say get your year or 2 and run some say they like it. For other drivers looking at my choices what would be the better pick? I think it would come to a coin flip as far as choice?? Looking for SE Regional or maybe something dedicated.

I will be starting CDL school thru comunity college in late Jan. for free. 9 week course M-F. Quiting work a week ahead so I can attend full time. Should be a good experience. Thanks alot in advance and looking forward to starting this new adventure. If anyone has something else to suggest please feel welcome!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sassytrucker

sassytrucker <strong>"Don't Sass Me"</strong>

Oct 29, 2007
    Denison, TX
    All I really have to say is good luck!

I am going with Interstate, but if I had to pick somewhere else it would probably Schneider. I have heard good things about them and they seem very popular here on the board.

4. BigDaddyJollyRob

BigDaddyJollyRob <strong>"El Oso"</strong>

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
    They Say schnider has great training and roehl the say is a good flatbed company. Best of luck, I start school Dec 17th if theres enough people to start the class.

5. BigDaddyJollyRob

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
    Sassy ,what made you choose interstate? I've been looking into them also?:biggrin_25514: I was stationed in Washington State so i know that area.

6. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    I am with maverick. We are a flatbed co. We have a div in the region you want.

7. sassytrucker

sassytrucker <strong>"Don't Sass Me"</strong>

Oct 29, 2007
    Denison, TX
    Well the main reason that we choose Interstate was so that hubby and I could train together and also when we are in our own truck we can also have our dog with us. Plus their pay is good and I have heard some really good things about them. So far everyone has been very nice. Oh and I also like the fact that most of their employees that work in the office have been there along time....some up to 32 years, but most in the 15 year range. That is not just in one area either, they have people in marketing, HR, fleet managers, mechanics, etc. all that have been there for years. In my book that is a sign of a good company. It isn't too often you see people stick around like that anymore, so that shows me that they treat their employees good.

Hubby and I almost went with CRST and the differences I see between the two companies are like night and day. CRST hired us pretty much on the spot, right after getting our application completed online. Interstate took a few days to call us and then we had to go through 3 different phone interviews. So, far I feel much better about our decision but we will soon see how it goes.

8. RoamingGnome

RoamingGnome Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Pennsylavania

so your a maverick man. are the things i have heard about them true ? i have heard good things about them.

9. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    Yeah, I can't complain. I am happy with them.

10. RoamingGnome

RoamingGnome Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Pennsylavania

well you can but will anybody really listen ? lol

11. BigDaddyJollyRob

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
    BEST OF LUCK TO YOU AND MR. KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR TRAINING. WE LOVE STORIES.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.