Decker Transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Truckerdoode, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Truckerdoode

Truckerdoode Bobtail Member

Nov 8, 2007
    SmallTown, ILLinois
    There's not much on this site about Decker Transportation (Div of P.A.M).........I would like to hear from Decker Drivers and former drivers about this company......From the little that I've read, they seem to be a good company to work for.

Are all their trucks automatics?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    a member here and someone i've talked with on the phone is "SEVENMPH"
    he went to school and started driving for them around the same time i went to USA. he seemed, last time i talked to him ,to like them OK

4. Truckerdoode

Nov 8, 2007
    SmallTown, ILLinois
  5. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Our neighbor runs for Decker. Loves his new Pete, and has a dedicated run, only out two nights out of the week.

They seem to treat him right, or he'd be gone, because he's got enough miles and years under his belt, to know when he can find greener grass. LOL

6. Truckerdoode

Nov 8, 2007
    SmallTown, ILLinois
    Are you sure this is the Decker that is owned by P.A.M. ? If it is, that's great news that they're getting new Pete's........Do you know if it's an automatic? If it is, then it's a P.A.M. company, because I emailed a Decker recruiter yesterday and he said that all their trucks have automatics......I'll have to email the same guy and ask him about the Pete's.........Thanks for the info.

7. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    You know, now that you mention it, I don't think that it is the same Decker that is owned by PAM. His truck is an 06 Pete with at 13 Speed.

I believe the company is Decker Truck Lines, Not Decker Transportation. He hasn't brought his truck home for a few weeks, or I could have looked at the logo and figured out that you were talking about a different Decker.

I'm sorry for the confusion. My mistake.

8. IUfanforever

IUfanforever Light Load Member

May 31, 2007
    More than once I have heard Decker is the best division of PAM. If you live on the East Coast, most of your freight will be on the East Coast. Also, Decker’s home time is a little better than PAM….home every 10-14 days instead of every other weekend(14 days out period). Not a lot better, but it helps. I have also heard Decker drivers average about 100-200 more miles a week than PAM drivers, but they don’t advertise this because PAM needs more drivers than Decker.

Like PAM, they are converting their entire fleet to automatics, but you still might start off with a manual.

Hope this helps.

9. Truckerdoode

Nov 8, 2007
    SmallTown, ILLinois
    No problem.......I appreciate trying to help.

10. Eskimo6804

Eskimo6804 Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Northeast Alabama
    The "Decker" that you are reffering to with the purty orange or red petes is out of Fort Dodge,IA. They are a decent company. The Decker that he is asking about is the "UGLIER" Decker as some of us refer to them when comparing these two companies. They are a division of P.A.M. and are based somewhere in Joisey.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.