decker truck line out of ft dodge ia

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by slmill255, Mar 15, 2011.

1. casc1

casc1 Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2011
    toronto
    Hey....its gradiated, get it right

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mathematrucker

mathematrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2006
    Laughlin, NV

Um (btw, is "um" not a great Scrabble word when you have to unload a "u" after the "q" is gone?...methinks "yes!"), when I just now tried to click that link to "Spelling and the TTR" it led to a blank page with an error message.

Just because someone's English skills might not be up to snuff doesn't automatically imply that what they're saying is bunk. Sure it's a bad sign, but you can't write them off based on this one trait alone. I know one driver in particular whose writing ability is severely lacking, but whose ideas and information are both valid and valuable. He posts here sometimes.

btw, "TTR" obviously stands for "The Truckers Report". Isn't there supposed to be an apostrophe either before or after the "s"?

If "TTR" is meant to be interpreted as "The Report for the Trucker", then "The Report" is something that "The Trucker" possesses, so the possessive apostrophe is called for. But if the word "Report" is a verb (as in "The truckers report that diesel prices are going through the roof."), then it would be incorrect to include an apostrophe.

So now I wonder, what exactly were the founders of TTR thinking when they coined the name? Was it something along the lines of "The truckers would like to report this, the truckers would like to report that. By golly, they're going to be able to report it all right here in our magazine!"

If so, then it would have been helpful to add three dots (an ellipsis) after the title: "The Truckers Report..."

I think the most likely explanation for going with no apostrophe (and no ellipsis) is this: All bets are off for proper nouns, which "TTR" is. Spelling and grammar are both out the window for them. A good example: "Toys [backward-]R Us". The founders probably just thought "TTR" was a good name and they went with it. I happen to agree. :yes2557:

4. derwood

derwood Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2012
    well i know there is a lot more to your story and a lot you are not telling about being let go. So if you really want to tell the truth and let the forum board know why you were really let go from Decker please do. There happens to be two really big policy violations that you are not telling them about are you???

Pinkratjr Thanks this.
  5. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I bet the policies that were violated were,
    1.) using yellow and red tarps, not red and yellow tarps and
    2.) putting that "Cyclone's Suck" sticker on your truck.

6. derwood

derwood Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2012
    that could get you fired LOL.

Fade15 Thanks this.
  7. elie

elie Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2013
    (this guy dryver is obviously a company hack who works in there recruiting of personnel department )

(can we all say damage control )

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
  8. elie

elie Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2013
    caution
    damage control
    (Derwood works in recruiting and personnel how else would you know you broke a couple of very big policies)

Damage control....

9. elie

elie Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2013
    Hey Dryver you're obviously someone who works in the recruiting and personnel department patrolling the forums to create damage control guess what it don't workyou keep stealing and lying and cheating your employees the truth gets out . maybe just maybe you might be inclined to try and find out why your drivers feel the way they do
    instead of being so nasty and condescending and trying to be little the man for poor grammar .you obviously have no work ethics .but then again look who you work for Decker Truck Lines Fort Dodge Iowa .

BLUE DEVIL Thanks this.
  10. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    how about me, where do I work?

11. elie

elie Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2013
    again I see and hear damage control it's not working .it is so obvious who you people are dryver your office employees doing damage control .instead of belittling these drivers who obviously been screwed over by Decker Truck Lines.you think you would figure out the problem is in the office the corporate office .maybe this man does not speak perfect grammar to suit you but I would venture to say his work ethics are a great deal better than yours .and if he was a perfect speller or speaker. he would probably be a college professor or a teacher not a truck driver .

BLUE DEVIL Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.