decker truck line out of ft dodge ia

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by slmill255, Mar 15, 2011.

1. musicmaker

musicmaker Medium Load Member

Dec 25, 2009
    Fort Madison, IA
    their web site is papetransfer.com if that helps. Ck it out for yourself. It has a equipment tab on their home page

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stayfit

stayfit Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Rice Lake, WI
    when I take the number of trucks they have and devide it in to the amount of miles they ran last year, I come up with around 83000 miles per truck. This is right off of the fmcsa website that you should be looking at long before you fill out an app. Do your own homework before you sign on and life will be easier.

4. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have seen drivers use these averages before and it will always be inaccurate. A company may have trucks just for short haul or hot shot, regional and dedictated, tractors out for service and repair, tractors coming off fleet and for sale but still counted. Just my 2c on the subject.

5. cpape

cpape Desk Jockey

Jul 15, 2010
    Dubuque, IA
    That was a pretty strong statement to make based on talking to one driver. I am not sure what the bunk size is on our new trucks, but it is probably 60". Take a look at our website and guess for your self. www.papetransfer.com. I would guess our pay to be at the high end of the spectrum. Van drivers make .36-.40 and open deck makes .40-.44 + extras like OD, stops, short haul, etc. I have to dig out my stats, but I believe our average driver ran around 110,000 miles last year. Wages were between $45-60K. We pay vacation, holidays, 401K, profit sharing, life ins, etc. Our health insurance is on the expensive side, but we do offer it. My grandfather has been dead since 1983, and not very active in the 5 years before that. When he was active it was mostly a regional bulk company. We do demand a lot from our drivers, but feel they are treated fairly, and have one of the better OTR jobs available. We have almost no turnover once a driver has been with us for a year. We have contractors that have been with us since the 70s. I have a driver that has been working for my family longer than I have been alive. But you did talk to one driver so that was a very informed opinion you were throwing around.

Pinkratjr, Everett, Lonesome and 2 others Thank this.
  6. scottchris71

scottchris71 Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2010
    iowa
    IT was a van driver..at the little fuel stop in town...sounds better than he described

7. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I wouldn't sweat it, could be a guy was having a bad day. I know for a fact that your expectations are high, but thats because you want to deliver the best for your employees. Keep doing what you're doing. I like what I hearing, I might be able to send you an experienced O/O sometime next year when his FM retires. Lives in Stoughton, WI, great guy and runs hard.

8. formertaxidriver

formertaxidriver Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Aiea, HI
    Amen to that! Just try to read any news story posted on a TV station website. No journalistic standards to be found. My fourth grade teacher would have flunked me for such poor grammar.

Strunk and White, anyone?

By the way this was written on a Droid. No problems making it look and sound acceptable for that. :biggrin_25511:

9. rollinsmoke10

rollinsmoke10 Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2009
    SLMILL255 what truck number did you have?

10. robz1017

robz1017 Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Palmdale,CA

That is the first time I've heard anything bad about this company ..I've been thinking about going over there for the western division. I'm kinda of curious on the miles your were getting and the miles they said you would get and also the home time.

" Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers"

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  11. MDilorenzo74

MDilorenzo74 Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2011
    Orlando, Florida
    From what I know of them, Decker is a respectable company that has a lot of loads and keeps their drivers busy. And on top of that, they have nice trucks that they keep maintained.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2014
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.