Dedicated routes out of indiana

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by dennisroc, May 11, 2017.

1. dennisroc

dennisroc Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    I think the guy I seen on here before went by Cello-Pudding , I said Jello before :D

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Still doesn't ring a bell & I've been around here for a bit. Hopefully @Naptown will stop by and chime in for ya. ;)

4. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    My sense is that they don't hire rookies except in areas where they're super-desperate for drivers. I think we might be doing a disservice recommending Old Dominion to new drivers. But I suppose there's no harm in shooting for the top!

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  5. dennisroc

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    I always shoot for the top , they should be honored I am even considering them and I have never even rode in a big truck. :eek:

Bob Dobalina and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  6. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    That's a legit trucker attitude right there!

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. dennisroc

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea
    I'm thinking it's probably going to be hard for me to find a driving job that works. But maybe something will come up.

Before I wasn't so picky but now that I bought a house and it is on a grass runway I can keep the airplane at my house. I am building a hangar pretty close to the house so I plan on being home.
    I have traveled all over the states , Asia , central and South America and Europe so time to settle down

Maybe I will just be a greeter at Walmart lol

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  8. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    Man, you never know until you try. I wouldn't give up just yet. What I "have" noticed as of recent in the trucking industry, us "mature" guys get a better look at than some of the younger lads. Right or wrong, who am I to say; but MANY of the larger / aka: LTL companies are REALLY looking for stability in life. They can't afford "job hoppers" or "orientation bouncers" like some of the starter megas can, and do. @Bob Dobalina , correct me if I'm wrong.

It may be quite a reach for being new to the industry.... but nothing is totally out of reach, if you really want it. Ladder, tippy toes, stretch, all the above.

Then again, WalMart is often looking for drivers, as well! Sometimes you have to go though Swift (or somebody else) to get there, but it's worth a shot.

Best wishes, keep us posted~! :)

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    You would be hard pressed to find one.

Those kinds of routes go to old Senior drivers who taught God and Moses how to do it.

I remember one that supported Whirlpool in Louisville loading at the River, probably the Ohio off a barge, chain down the coils, kick em off to make washing machines, return, reload repeat 3 times a day. He probably cleared 1500 per day. So it's a cinch. I would do something like that in a heart beat myself for that kind of income as a O/O.

dennisroc Thanks this.
  10. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    @dennisroc .... just got to thinking, when @x1Heavy mentioned Whirlpool. Their factory is about 40 minutes from where I live in Ohio, and there's another trucking company nearby there, as well. Smallish, little known, dry vans, hauling corrugated for International Paper. I believe they are all daycabs; have an in law that works for them. They are based out of Lemont, IL, and have terminals here in Ohio, IN, and IL. http://www.fabexpress.com/ Worth a look see~!:)

dennisroc and x1Heavy Thank this.
  11. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I think I answered OP on another thread. There really aren't any ODFL terminals in his immediate area. Indy is closest at 60 odd miles. Doable, but that's a long commute every day. There are companies closer that have daily operations. I know Hogan has day runs out of Kokomo. Lafayette is a pretty big town too. I'm sure there are good opportunities there as well.

x1Heavy, dennisroc and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.