Dedicated: Walmart $14 an hour home every night.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Truckdrivingtrailerpuller, Jul 20, 2018.

1. plankton

plankton Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Yes, on an hourly basis, that's correct, and perfectly logical!

If the op can live comfortably on $560/wk, then he only has to work 40 hrs/wk at Walmart (with the added bonus of being home with his family, eating home cooked meals, showering daily, and sleeping in his own bed next to his lovely wife, everyday). As a typical otr driver he would have had to work about 50 hrs/wk to earn that $560, away from home, sleeping in a truck and eating truck-stop grub.

To each his own.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. plankton

plankton Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Exaggerate much?

$18-22/hr? McDonalds? Pecos, TX? ... Bull ####!

"save enough to pay cash for medical school by driving truck otr for 5 years" ??? ...
    You're funny!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  4. Yuuyo

Yuuyo Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2018
    Tim Walz Land
    Those all sound like negatives to me. Especially considering you don't net #### having to pay for living at home, and commuting every day. And you get paid LESS?

Hourly like that isn't logical at all. It's like saying you get $2.00 per mile but they only give you 100 miles a week.

spyder7723 and RedRover Thank this.
  5. bottleneck rookie

bottleneck rookie Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2018
    You’re aiming too low man. I’m a first year driver and making $30/hr. You gotta go hunting if you want to make money.

RedRover Thanks this.
  6. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    Yes the Pecos, McDonald’s has now hiring 18-22 per hour on their #### sign. Not ########.

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  7. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    I make that in about a day and a half. OTR. He just needs to find the right company. Wives are overrated lol

8. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    I've done it for less. Small apartment in a crappy neighborhood with an old car.

9. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Look at you trying to talk like a veteran.....like you really had to go hunting. You are one in a million drivers who are that fortunate enough to strike gold. You are very lucky, so don't go talking like you really did the leg work. I'd be willing to be bet you had an inside track on that job. Probably had a connection, and that's ok. Just cuz you're doing well, that don't mean to criticize someone else for the job they choose to do. If the OP likes it, we should love it.

Coover Thanks this.
  10. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Id move.

11. bottleneck rookie

bottleneck rookie Bobtail Member

Mar 14, 2018
    You know what they say about those who assume.....No, I had no connections. Yes, I scoured my area for trucking companies and talked to every one of them. If I came off as critical to the OP, I apologize. That was not my intention. The point of my post was to let the OP know that there are good opportunities out there and nobody with a CDL should settle for $14/hr. But you’re right. If the OP is happy then I’m happy for him/her.

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.