Def filter

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by mmk trucking, Jun 18, 2018.

1. mmk trucking

mmk trucking Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2016
    Could someone tell me i seen a 2014 pete paccar motor what would happen if i take the def filter off and put regular exhaust. I know about the epa baloney.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    First off, we aren't allowed to discuss how to delete or modify emission systems on this site.

For curiosity sake though if you were to remove the aftertreatment system the truck would likely not run properly and either shut down or be in a state of extreme derate. The ECM needs to see all the aftertreatment sensors and actuators and they need to work. Even if you installed all the sensors and electronics onto a regular muffler the ECM will know. It always knows.

4. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    This is correct, the ECM needs to be reprogrammed.

It’s not just a simple as taking the filter off it’s a whole system that needs to be fixed

5. FlyingA

FlyingA Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Sacramento, Ca
    There are delete kits BUT how legal they are is always in question. Also engine would not run as well or efficiently.

6. Cam Roberts

Cam Roberts Road Train Member

May 13, 2018
    To have everything done to have it work properly will cost approximately 8 grand maybe a little more depending on shop. What’s a new motor gonna cost down the road? Like one guy mentioned in another thread don’t go to a shop with idiots lmao.

7. Cam Roberts

May 13, 2018
    Huhhhhhh?

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  8. FlyingA

FlyingA Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Sacramento, Ca
    Have seen a couple delete kits done here in California and truck runs like hammered crap. Also emissions police are always pushing for non modification. Heard thru the grapes and smoke haze that new requirement was DMV will check to make sure system not modified before giving out registration tags.

9. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I give it 3 more posts before the Mod Squad deletes this thread.

10. Cam Roberts

May 13, 2018
    You can’t talk about deletes? I can understand talking about how to do a delete but simply discussing them and not being allowed to is a little weird.

11. Cam Roberts

May 13, 2018
    California is definitely not a state to mess around

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.