deleting conversation

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by HalpinUout, May 24, 2017.

1. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I cant find out how to delete private conversations? I see the box to select certain conversations but then what? Thank you

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    After selecting the convo you want to delete and you get the 'options' dropbox select 'leave conversation'.

Admin, HalpinUout, pattyj and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Wanderer1

Wanderer1 Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Ask your daughter
    I have 98 messages,but still don't know how to read or answer them.

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    That's cause you haven't tried..Its not hard to figure out.I don't know how many has to be in your inbox before its full and can't accept anymore messages till you empty it.

6. Wanderer1

Sep 3, 2008
    Ask your daughter
    Ok,haven't tried what? Other sites I've been on in the past had PM's...

7. Wanderer1

Sep 3, 2008
    Ask your daughter
    Well tell me how do do it ,nice lady.

8. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    You need to figure it out for yourself.But I will say this,on the top where it says inbox hit that and then browze till you figure it out.You'll get it.

9. d o g

d o g Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Texas
    To check your private messages/conversations, scroll all the way to the black bar at the top of the page.

On the right side of that bar, depending on what type of device that you're using to view the site, you'll see your avatar, (as well as your username if you're viewing on a PC).

To the right of that, you'll see an envelope with a number beside it (and also the word 'Inbox' if viewing on a PC).

To the right of that one, a lightning bolt with a number beside it (that will have the word 'Alerts' beside it if you're viewing on a PC).

To check your private messages/conversations, tap the envelope or point your cursor at the envelope. That will bring up a list of your recent conversations, with an option to 'Show all' if you wish to see a list of all of them. Simply tap or click the title to bring up the conversation.

If you have a number beside the lightning bolt/alert part, tap that or point your cursor at it and it will show your alerts. Those alerts will include your thanks received, notice of replies to your posts if you have that selected in your preferences, etc. Once you look at those alerts, the number will disappear and you'll have a new number when you have new alerts.

Alternatively, you can access either your alerts or your conversations directly from your profile. To do that easily, tap or point at your avatar/username in the bar at the top. That will bring up an overlay that will let you access your conversations, and/or your alerts.

There will probably be some variation to this depending on the browser that you use and the skin style that you're using, but that's the basics of it. I think we probably have a lot of members who have never checked their alerts/notifications, so hopefully your question will help them out, as well.

scottied67, Admin and MJ1657 Thank this.
  10. Short Fuse EOD

Short Fuse EOD Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Midwest
    If you weren't so popular you wouldn't have this problem!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.