Denied CDL-A for 36 months because of suspension

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Kwaione, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Kwaione

Kwaione Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Lansing,Michigan
    I had a suspension for driving myself to the hospital with my wifes car and they did emergency surgery when I got there but was pulled over on the way and then let go. They gave me a 30 day suspension (for driving with no license NOT while suspended but because i did not pay the fees ) and the state of Michigan says I have to wait 36 months to apply for a CDL-A they said I was good to go 4 times I went into there but then when I went to test today they denied me. My question is does all states have this rule of having to wait 36 months after a suspension? It is cleared but I am curious if I moved to a different state if I could get the CDL because of there rules being different on how long one must wait after a suspension. Anyone with knowledge of this please let me know what states or state or how I can go about this without having to wait till April of 2015 to get it in Michigan. I will happily move to a different state to get the CDl and live out of my truck since I will be doing OTR.. Please anyone that can help my it would be appreciated I am seriously depressed and upset and need some guidance and friendship at this point. Royally bummed and bummin big time!

Thanks everyone and I am real sensitive right now and would appreciate nice replies as my dreams have been truely shattered..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. volvodriver01

volvodriver01 Road Train Member

Broke the law and now have to do the time so too speak. Suck it up and wait your 36 month punishment. We don't need any law breakers out here on the road....

J/K :biggrin_25522: I had to do the oppisite of what you asked fer. Really though I am pretty sure if your state of your license says 36 months then they put it into a computer system and therefore every state will uphold that 36 month suspension. Good luck and keep your head high..

TRKRSHONEY and Kwaione Thank this.
  4. Kwaione

Jan 27, 2013
    Lansing,Michigan
    was not trying to break any laws, but I see different states have different rules, and I would tell complete truth on the application, since they would look up the past ten years anyways, was just curious if other states have different rules that's all sorry if I came across as trying to break the rules when I was just curious about the rules,, thanks

I guess will just wait the extra 24 months I still have to go form the infraction thanks

volvodriver01 Thanks this.
  5. Kwaione

Jan 27, 2013
    Lansing,Michigan
    did nto read the bottom paragraph you wrote before replying lol thanks for that last bit of info!

volvodriver01 Thanks this.
  6. Paloma

Paloma Medium Load Member

May 15, 2012
    Portland, Oregon
    Check the websites and make calls to different States .. Worth a shot.

Kwaione Thanks this.
  7. DedHedEd

DedHedEd Light Load Member

Dec 20, 2010
    TulsaTown, OK.
    Man, it is hard to understand what is going on with you, from your post. Your words and thoughts run on and in and out of this and that and they told you good to go, yet you went and they said no..huh man?? What you talkin' about?? You had a driving suspension? Then you drove yourself to hospital? So, did you get stopped on way to hospital, got a ticket for 'no license, was suspended' or what? I can't make sense of what happened due to your grammar/sentence structure.
    I'd get an attorney, and spend 2-3 hundred dollars,,,tell them your story. Or else, you can get your Professional Opinions here from me and all the other Big Time Professionals on here who know everything about your situation and the Law.
    "They said I was good to go 4 times" what/who said that? What????
    You had a license, or not? You got suspended , but drove anyway and got a ticket for 'no license yet driving'? What?

"just key the mic three times son if you can't talk"

TRKRSHONEY and Kwaione Thank this.
  8. DedHedEd

Dec 20, 2010
    TulsaTown, OK.
    You can go to your local DVM office and get a copy of your Driving Record for a few dollars. In my state, I can get it at the 'tag office'. It shows your tickets and driving history.

Kwaione Thanks this.
  9. DedHedEd

Dec 20, 2010
    TulsaTown, OK.
    I think I am understanding that you are saying you got a 30 day suspension of your license, and it is preventing you from obtaining a CDL. I'd get an attorney to make sure that is True, or not. I can't believe you would be denied a CDL for having one suspension due to the fact you drove yourself in an emergency situation to the hospital, even tho you had a D.L. in the past. I'd think you could get that fixed, if you get an Attorney. Then again... it is a bit vague trying to figure out what you have done, and are attempting to do, due to the fact your confusing sentence structure. Good luck.

Kwaione Thanks this.
  10. Kwaione

Jan 27, 2013
    Lansing,Michigan
    I was on the way to hospital got pulled over and ticketed and then they let me on my way.. I ended up getting a 30 day suspension for driving without a license. I went into sec of state on several occasions for the CDL manual and information and was told each time that I qualified for a CDL-A.. Then today when I went to take my test they said I had a restriction and they apoligized for telling me I was good to go as they had overlooked the suspension from last year. I did not have a suspended license when I got the ticket , I was driving without a license. Sorry for the bad grammar and what not I am not in the right state of mind.

11. Kwaione

Jan 27, 2013
    Lansing,Michigan
    I have a current license type "O" without any restrictions and all fines and dues were paid off.. They are saying I must wait 36 months from the suspension date.. Which I am going to have to do, but I was just curious if another state has less of a waiting period if I could get one there if I moved there... I guess I will contact a lawyer that has more knowledge of these things. Thank you all for the input thus far.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.