Denied CDL-A for 36 months because of suspension

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Kwaione, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Kwaione

Kwaione Light Load Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Lansing,Michigan
    The driving while license not suspended but not reinstated was the same as the medical one,I have to get a lawyer so that the suspension shows is for medical which at the point just days suspended, but Court records show that I got pulled over on west to hospital, but it wes not entered as such.. So Imust try to get it changed to the medical reason for driving,,Iam going to have to finish the tomorrow my mind is not functioning that well it's has been a long 24 hours and I need sleep.. Talk to you guys tomorrow, hopeful I make sense then, regards

On Tapatalk via my Mobile

Chinatown Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kwaione

Jan 27, 2013
    Lansing,Michigan
    Yes one for medical one for non payment short for mixed wording was not on purpose,I have no reasons to lie hear as what good would that do? I am very stressed and not making sense so bedtime for me to get rest to think straight carefully obviously not explaining major correctly,,,

I well post my vehicle record with personal info crossed of so you cansee see what I mean, I think they entered it as Norman driving without license instead of Medical reasonsin which I need changed.. Thanks for your patience

4. Kwaione

Jan 27, 2013
    Lansing,Michigan
    Yes it was for Med condition drove to get my Gull bladder second was for late payment of fees... Ttyl tom

Just the two above related violations only

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    A guy on here recently had a similar problem, he went to a different state and got a new license, then another guy said, hey, I did the same thing. They both got their CDL's then. Take a vacation to Vegas, get an address at a UPS (United Parcel Service) store that has mail service & that can serve as a Nevada address. Lots of drivers do this. Doesn't have to be Nevada though, but may as well pick a state with no personal income taxes; there are 9 of them. Read somewhere, you may not be able to pull this off in Texas using UPS. I do not gaurantee this will work, but other posters on here said they did it.

Do you have any friends or relatives in other states; maybe use their address if you don't want the UPS route.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    There are 9 states with no personal income tax (7+2 with special provisions).
    Alaska
    Florida
    Nevada
    New Hampshire
    South Dakota
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Washington
    Wyoming

7. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127-1627_8669_53324-213069--,00.html

You can't just move to another state and expect to get your CDL without proof of domicile. I live with my cousin doesn't get it. Every state I'm familiar with wants to see two of.......
    utility bill, rent or mortgage agreement. voters registration card, vehicle registration, or current tax return.

Usually you can transfer your vehicle (get title and registration), then you have proof to get your voters registration card, then you can get your CDL in that state.

I think MI law is good. This screwed up yesterday, drive a truck tomorrow is for the birds. The first thing you need to do is learn how to respect your drivers license and the driving laws. There are hundreds of DOT regulations that can buy you 5 digit fines. If you don't play their game you won't be driving a truck long.

Another hurdle you have is the trucking companies hiring requirements. Their insurance companies dictate who they can hire and many of them have a 3 year rule on suspensions too. But it's a case by case basis and usually based on point revocation or a DUI revocation.

You can go to a truck driving school in another state that is sponsored by a trucking company like the big mega carriers out there. You'll get your CDL in that state and are expected to transfer to your state within 30 days. Nothing says you can't take up residency in that state.

I bet half my county here in TN is half locals and half from MI. You can rent a cheap house here for $400-$600 or a trailer for $300. Swift has a training academy over by Memphis. Something like that might work.

We can transfer my electric bill in your name! :biggrin_25525::biggrin_2559:

Kwaione Thanks this.
  8. Kwaione

Jan 27, 2013
    Lansing,Michigan
    Lol OK.. I will keep up on this thread learn as much and we were thinking of moving to Tennessee Watt before ever thinking of the truck thing,, thanks for everyones input, off to get chauffeur license now wish me luck.

9. DeadPhish

DeadPhish Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Charleston, SC
    Good luck, Kwaione. Sorry to hear that...

Kwaione Thanks this.
  10. Kwaione

Jan 27, 2013
    Lansing,Michigan
  11. Kwaione

Jan 27, 2013
    Lansing,Michigan
    looks like I will have to wait another 24 months to get my CDl, really sucks because I was pre-hired from 3 companies that all say they are not sure why the state will not let me get the CDL as my record is OK to them. But the strangest is they told me two times that I went into the SOS that I was eligible but not the last time. This really bums me out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.