Dental Care on the road

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by burn9462, Jul 10, 2014.

1. burn9462

burn9462 Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Spokane, WA
    I had been neglecting a pain in my mouth for a few months until it got to the point that I could not handle it anymore. I saw a flyer at the Love's in Post Falls, ID for a dental office that is open 7 days a week and until 8pm. I went in on a sunday and got all fixed up. The ladies in the office told me they see a lot of truckers because of the hours and availablity being 2 blocks off I-90.
    The office was called 7 Day Dental Smiles and they are in Post Falls, ID right off the freeway. 208-773-8388 . Plenty of room to park a truck. If you run this route, highly recomended.

pattyj and skellr Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ShortBusKid

ShortBusKid Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Vegas
    Good to know. The Sapp Bros in Salt Lake has a dentist office upstairs. Sign says walk ins welcome and I want to say they were open until 9pm like every other night.

4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Nothing worse then a toothache while on the road.I had to go to out patients once with an absessed tooth.

5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Oh, don't get me started on teeth, God's cruelest mistake! I believe Walcott I-80 truck stop has a dental clinic, and I've seen them on the way to Fla. once (Nashville?). I've got a hot one right now.:biggrin_25521:

6. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
  7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    not4hire has the right idea,lol[QUOTE="semi" retired;4123436]Oh, don't get me started on teeth, God's cruelest mistake! I believe Walcott I-80 truck stop has a dental clinic, and I've seen them on the way to Fla. once (Nashville?). I've got a hot one right now.:biggrin_25521:[/QUOTE]

8. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    i have used the dentist at walcott a couple of times

CondoCruiser Thanks this.
  9. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    [QUOTE="semi" retired;4123436]Oh, don't get me started on teeth, God's cruelest mistake! I believe Walcott I-80 truck stop has a dental clinic, and I've seen them on the way to Fla. once (Nashville?). I've got a hot one right now.:biggrin_25521:[/QUOTE]

I've used the dentist at Iowa80. I was pleased with his work, but then again I would of been pleased with them pliers. :)

Just a reminder, the Vicoden they give you... you really need to shut down while on them. My company shut me down for three days until I quit taking them.

10. vikingswen

vikingswen Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2012
    In the Stratosphere
    Just tie some fishing line around your tooth and find one of the guys that can grab lots of gears while going through the truck stop parking lot and your tooth will be out in no time.

browndawg and pattyj Thank this.
  11. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I have seen some dentists offices in various truck stops...

However... I would like to say that preventing problems is easier... truckers notoriously have bad dental hygiene... and there is just no reason it...

Brush and floss your teeth often through out the day... it is easy to do.. I keep plenty of floss picks with me and floss while i am rolling along.. just takes one had and little to no effort or concentration...

Rinse your mouth with mouth wash through out the day.. it is refreshing... I actually find that if I am tired and swish some mouthwash around my mouth it perks me up...

Drink more water.. especially after you eat something... pop is not good for your teeth at all.. neither is coffee.. so, dri k so e water after a meal.. it will help you digest your food, it is good for your body and teeth as well as your skin, and is refreshing...

One of the times your home, go to your dentist, get a good cleaning and check up... most companies offer pretty good dental insurance... I just had a good cleaning with a full set of exrays.. $25 co pay and happy to report.. no cavities... I get my teeth cleaned at least 3 times a year.... I think twice is the norm...

Also.. make sure you afe getting the nutrients you need... just because you eat a couple times a day doesnt mean you are getti g all the nutrients you need... I use to take a multi vitamin... but now I prefer to have an ensure or two a day... I usually eat a good breakfast, breakfast is my biggest meal a day.. then I have an ensure for and so e fruit for lunch... and then a nice dinner... sometimes I skip di er and just have an ensure...

The thing to keep in mind... having bad teeth can also be more of a health risk.. it can lead to a heart attack or stroke... my neighbors brother had a stoke.. and it was caused by the plaque build up on his teeth... before his stoke he was an active guy... but he only recovered 67% from his stroke.. he is very weak on the left side of his body... so.. he is now a wal art greeter because he needs a pay check alo g with his disability to make ends meet.. he had to give up bis motorcycle, his boat and playing guitar...

So.. take care of yourself... prevention is easier than recovering....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.