Denver to Amarillo Truck Route?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by negativecold13, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    It's fine until something happens and you're the guy on the shoulder, not maintaining the lane of travel.

kylefitzy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lonewolf4ad

lonewolf4ad Road Train Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    Then don't be the #######es who decides he is going to hold up traffic. Turn off your cruise, tap the brakes, and let those of us who have better companies go about our day.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    You would like being behind me in that situation. I don't try to beat faster trucks up a hill, even if I am lighter.
    Unless it is a very long grade and I would have to slow down too much to stay behind you.
    But on that route I would slow down for you and let you by.

Common courtesy seems very lacking in the trucking industry, all too often.

longbedGTs, Lepton1, fargonaz and 2 others Thank this.
  6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I won't go to the shoulder, sorry.
    But if you are trying to pass with a passing lane or in the oncoming lane, I will slow down to let you do it more quickly.

But the shoulder? Nope. I might pick up something in a tire, and that is not a legal lane to be driving in.

7. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    I just did it!
    Dude unless chain in law in effect, there ia not reason to take 385 to Lamar,CO to I70,
    Going through Raton pass way better!
    1st MOSTLY of 87 4 way route (compare to only 2 way on385) ,and cities you will have to pass have only few traffic liights.
    2nd Oklahoma part going to kick your soul out of you truck, thats road is total disaster, like its a war time and Japs just droped few hundred small bombs on that road .

8. negativecold13

negativecold13 Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Gilmer, Texas
    Just to clarify, shoulder....i go over far enough so the truck passing has a clear view and only when safe to do so...also, im communicating with said truck so we both know what to expect from the other.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  9. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    im rolling along at 65 in zone that's posted 65 while someone in hurry rides my tail so close if I slow down I might get rear ended, I dont want that, rear end the side, front or where ever. it can ruin everybody's day plus some.

a driver in a pete passed.on the 287 blind, didn't care about the on coming truck and cars, nah, that driver expected all in his way to move just to give him the path to speed. yay..

I let yah pass as soon as it's safe.

10. lonewolf4ad

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    Biggest crap excuse out there, you can pick up debris for a tire as easily in lane as moving over.

LoneCowboy and negativecold13 Thank this.
  11. negativecold13

Jan 25, 2014
    Gilmer, Texas
    Its not the ones who are doing the speed limit and let you pass when possible...its the ones like the two trucks last week on 287 that purposely slow down so you have to slow down then when the passing lane they max their rpms instead of backing off the throttle for a sec so you can get around them...those are the ones im talking about...they know who they are...

Lepton1, dca and lonewolf4ad Thank this.
  12. negativecold13

Jan 25, 2014
    Gilmer, Texas
    Well, I have decided that I am going to try 385 unless snow storm comes in... i cant unload in austin til monday morning anyway and am on rollback hours as it is...today i drove 5 hours, shut down in casper, wy @ hat six

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  13. lonewolf4ad

Nov 4, 2008
    Displaced to Colorado
    I've stopped in there, and was impressed. I didn't realize you could make other truck stops seem like they were decently pricing items.

Lepton1, x1Heavy and negativecold13 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs