Did the dmv mess up?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Gilbert11, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Gilbert11

Gilbert11 Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2019
    Okay so I got my cdl. Took the test in a automatic but they didn’t put any restriction on my license. Can I drive a manual that means? I looked at everything on the license. Nothing says I have a restriction on my cdl?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    I would not worry about it. However, I have been called a shady character.

Long FLD, lovesthedrive and buddyd157 Thank this.
  4. Gilbert11

Gilbert11 Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2019
    I am because the union wants to hire me. But if I have an automatic restriction I gotta take a month class again for a manual restriction. And start my cdl all over basically. But the union pays for the class. Still I can start work right away if I don’t have a restriction on license.

5. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    I’ll put it like this, I’ve never heard of that of restriction. Then again I’ve never heard of doing a skills test in an automatic either.

snowmantrucking101 Thanks this.
  6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    in "some states" (maybe all) the automatic restriction is the letter "E"..??

look very carefully, both side, again.

and if the DMV screwed up, it was in YOUR FAVOR, so shutty you mouthy

E Restriction- No Manual Transmission
    This restriction prohibits the driver from driving vehicles with manual transmissions. You can get this restriction removed by completing the basic skills test and road driving test with a manual transmission instead of an automatic transmission. Don’t take your driving tests with an automatic transmission, the odds of you working for a company that has automatic transmission vehicles is very slim

7. Gilbert11

Gilbert11 Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2019
    I took it in a school bus two years ago it says m for restrictions on my license.

8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    5. M Restriction-Passenger Vehicle Or School Bus Only
    The M restriction means the driver possesses a Class A CDL but obtains his or her passenger or school bus endorsement in a Class B vehicle.

This means the driver will get the “M” restriction so that they are only allowed to operate a Class B or Class C passenger vehicle or school bus.

8 Most Common CDL Restriction Codes And What They Mean – CDL Training Spot

lovesthedrive and Just passing by Thank this.
  9. Gilbert11

Gilbert11 Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2019
    So I can only operate a class b school bus or passenger vehicle and nothing else? That doesn’t make sense I should at least be able to drive a class b box truck or something.

10. Gilbert11

Gilbert11 Bobtail Member

Feb 20, 2019
    I called the dmv said I drove a manual passenger bus when I took the test and she said I could drive any class b. Hopefully they don’t have in the system that I have a manual restriction. But it says on my Card that I don’t so I am good hopefully.

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    YOU obtained the ENDORSEMENT in a class B vehicle. Therefore you drive under that endorsement that specific limitation. You can run a Class B dump truck as the day is long all day because it's not a passenger vehicle. You do hold a Class A for all other vehicles except motorcycles.

As far as not having a Auto Restriction, keep your big mouth SHUT. The test is over. Done. Finis. You will at some point need to learn how to run a manual really fast.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.