Dirty tarps

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by already gone, Jun 16, 2018.

1. InTooDeep

InTooDeep Donner party survivor

Jan 17, 2016
    Carmichael CA
    What do you guys do with your old ripped or torn tarps? My wife is looking for a few to cover part of our yard to kill everything under it. Price?

Tug Toy and RedRover Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    I like dirty tarps. My way of saying #### you to the shippers who demand I tarp something that doesn’t require tarping, in order to keep it clean and dry. The nerve.

4. already gone

already gone Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Western New York

I have used the tarps in heavy rain, they are watertight, i just dont want to find a spot thats weak and gets blasted thru with a pressure washer. Not to mention we never get square loads....

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  5. already gone

already gone Road Train Member

Sep 8, 2007
    Western New York
    Well, i tried it out, soaked a tarp down with cheap dish soap, hit it with the pressure washer, nothin.... I guess ill dry it out, and not bother with the other two. #### orange and white tarps, look great when new, used ones look dingy.

6. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I would have used a deck brush at least.

Ruthless Thanks this.
  7. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Round up. Backpack sprayer.

It's like magic.

Tug Toy and RedRover Thank this.
  8. If you get a chance take it to a Walmart park out away from cars. Unfold ya tarp. Bring two 5 gallon buckets some dawn. Soap. Broom off your tarps. If you have muddy tarps throw some soap and water use your broom to brush the soap and water off.
    If it's a nice warm day it will dry quick.

RedRover Thanks this.
  9. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Might want to try that RV awning cleaner stuff. Something like this. Premium RV Awning Cleaner - 32 oz.

10. Linte_Loco

Linte_Loco Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    LA (lower Alabama)
    I wash mine at home. Sometimes gotta do a patch or 2. Standard maintenance for me.

11. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I haul glass, and raw glass can't get wet, so if we go thru a truck wash loaded, we have to insist it's "tractor only". When we go thru empty, our double drops have the main tarp fan folded to the front A-frame, so it doesn't get cleaned at the truck wash, and the belly tarp gets a quick pressure wash. Our empty conestogas get the outside pressure washed at the truck wash when empty, but nothing is ever done to the inside...rolling those forward to unload sometimes causes me to look like I haven't taken a bath in a year, and most Beacons won't do a washout on our trailers since there is broken glass on the deck from previous "incidents", so we pretty much just live with dirty tarps...but they're black, so it doesn't show.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.