Disclose previous company on app if i left training after a week?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by 1029384746, Apr 17, 2019.

1. 1029384746

1029384746 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2012
    I was hired on with a compay a few weeks ago to attend their paid CDL program. I had bad experience and felt that it was only going to get worse and decided to withdraw. Not giving up I called another company yesterday and applied for their paid cdl program and was upfront about everything but was denied because they have a policy that if you fail to complete any kind of previous training they won't touch you. Even if i was with the company for 1 week should i lie about it or is are they going to eventually find out? Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    @Moose1958 probably knows the answer.
    Is lying or with holding information, the same?
    Where is your location; maybe there's other alternatives available to get a cdl.

Puppage Thanks this.
  4. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Did you take a drug test?

5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I am going to take a pass on this person. They joined almost 6 years ago and their profile is blocked. Then I took a look at a summary of those 30 posts. To generally answer your question, yes you can lie by omission. When it comes to trucking and how tightly it is regulated in my opinion it is the same. The OP according to their posts is in Cleveland Ohio.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  6. 1029384746

1029384746 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Yes Hair and urine.
    I appreciate the reply but i don't know what about having personal privacy on the internet has anything to do with my question. I would assume that i'm not the first person to ever be in this situation. :biggrin_2556:

7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    [​IMG]

8. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Disclose it

1029384746 Thanks this.
  9. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i couldn't agree with you more on the privacy issue..

after 48 years i retired last month..by omission or lying, i have filled out applications saying that i am a U.S. citizen...which truth now be told, i am from the planet Zorkon, and as a result, an illegal alien, that is now collecting social security and a 401K plan, and living the life of Riley....

so ummm...yeah...privacy rules dude......:headbang:

for the record, that first company most likely subscribes to DAC, as well as that last company that denied you...so you may very well have a tough time finding a company that will hire, train you under some sort of contract.

best bet here...??

find a CDL school and apply for a student loan....and owe a bank, not a company.

but also, what ever "bad experience" you had at that first company..??

you had better expect more "bad experiences" in your future...how will you handle each one every time it comes up...??

by quitting, or manning up and dealing with it..???

x1Heavy and 1029384746 Thank this.
  10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2019
    1029384746 Thanks this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Nothing on the net is private. In fact it's public. We have gone beyond privacy in so many ways in this Nation, you can assume that outside the confines of your domicile you do not have privacy. And only if you do not have technology that is capable of being accessed from outside like the camera or microphone on your smart tv for instance.

Others are helping you very well. I can only add that if this is training for a CDL, pay the cash yourself and get it yourself at the DMV with the school truck in road testing and so on. (Make sure it's a manual transmission truck)

If you already possess a CDL then you probably signed some sort of contract for which you are probably legally liable for it. Expect some damage to your credit and collections activity.

Your first post was vague and not detailed enough to where I must make educated guesses or wild assumptions of your situation. Which does not go well.

If it involves drug testing you stated hair and urine but you did not say if it was passed negatively and good to go or a captured HOT no passed result with a positive hit on you. Meaning there was use at some point within the past few weeks up to 9 months. This industry is intolerant for drugs. Even if it was legal at the federal level and OTC Im pretty sure the trucking companies will continue to take a no tolerance stance.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.