Discounts or freebies for truckers?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by b l a c k b e a r d, Dec 3, 2014.

1. b l a c k b e a r d

b l a c k b e a r d Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Besides the driver rewards cards at the truckstop, do you receive any discounts for products and services because you are a driver? Do you get them because of your company or can you sign up for them? I am interested in phone, food, hotel, pet supply, rewards, whatever can save a buck. What do you get and do you use it?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Work for the wrong outfit,

you'll get food stamps.........:biggrin_2559:

Really ....

LoSt_AgAiN, Mr Ed and ineedajob Thank this.
  4. b l a c k b e a r d

b l a c k b e a r d Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Yea, don't need those yet. I wouldn't accept them anyway.

5. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Some of long john/KFC give you a discount if you ask them if they do a cdl discount.

I lie at Ryan's and say I'm a bus driver sometimes lol ....they say what a cdl?

I stop at the long johns in mt Vernon mo almost every single time I go thru there.

Company has corporate discounts for phone car rentals hotels that make it half price. Local terminal businesses discount as well like the Harley shop in Joplin whirpool kia ford gm etc...

Nice perk of a mega.

b l a c k b e a r d Thanks this.
  6. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Wait a second..... Blackbeard don't you work for the same place I do lol!!!!???

They can't put them online anymore or send them over email but I have it downloaded on my phone if you want a looksie via pm ;)

Otherwise you'll have to hunt someone down at the terminal for a hard copy.

7. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Some company's do have discounts with various businesses . phone, hotel/motel, stores, truck repairs parts etc however you must inquire with said company about them

I did get a free baseball cap fron flying-J/pilot .. a occasional free fax, cup of coffee and shower from others but that's about it

8. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Lot of hotels will give a discount. Several discounts available through OOIDA membership. Ask your company about other discounts. I got a 16% cell phone discount from ATT when I was leased to a company. Not there anymore but I still get the discount. Ask for one on everything. All they can say is no.

b l a c k b e a r d and bergy Thank this.
  9. Ebola Guy

Ebola Guy Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Manitowoc, WI
    When my wife worked for Kmart, we got a 25% discount off our cell phone bill. That discount continued for three years after she quit.

10. miss elvee

miss elvee Heavy Load Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Russellville, AR
    We get a discount on hotel. 15-20% and then use a rewards card on top. Works out to every 5th night free. We've been using it so long its a "black" card and we get little perks when we book like free upgrades early and late check out even free stays when we drag in at 4AM and are staying the next night. We use LaQuinta, but lots of hotels offer them.

11. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    A hotel might not have a "CDL" discount specifically, but most all have a "business" rate that is 10-15% off the regular price...same discount, different name. I usually ask for the "CDL or business rate" when I check in.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.