Dmv records in other states

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Tonyf, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Tonyf

Tonyf Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2019
    If I have arkansas cdl learners permit and arkansas drivers license now can companies find out about driving records in Illinois

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Sure.

All they have to do is pull your license information and show that they have need of this information from Arkansas. They would be all over that. Plus any previous licenses you may have held in the past. (Don't qoute me on this. Arkansas employers have questioned me closely on Maryland license when I did not have to list that one on application.)

The goal of the CDL system is to database everything, and every soul who possesses a CDL. Eventually reaching down to the same type of databasing for all licensing period under the Real ID 2020 act which will begin to deny domestic flight boarding after 2019 to those who do not possess that enhanced star on any license issued by any of the 50 states in this Union.

Long before there was a CDL, in my time you can possess many Class A's when you got pulled over, you pulled a known valid, GOOD no ticket license and gave that to the cop. You usually got a warning or some such. By the time everyone understood just how BAD you have been... well that was all scrapped and the new CDL was created.

5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Not only yes but they are required by 391.23 to do just that. However once 3 years go by those records lose some importance. By the way. The DAC report will list all states where you held a CDL.

6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    You need to clear up any issues from previous states before you try for the new one.
    Failure would likely result in the new license being suspended or revoked, assuming you could get it in the first place.

Heck, even my daughter had to clear up an issue with CO before she could get a new one in AR.
    And that was only a simple state ID card, not even a drivers license.

And it's weird that AR is the state, you asking about it not too long after she moved there from CO.
    But they do check other state records, all the way down to a simple ID.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Give us some details and dates of tickets and then we can let you know if you're hirable or not.

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.