dnq on dot physical for blood pressure

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by midgetripples, Apr 30, 2019.

1. The Gels

The Gels Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2019
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    My blood pressure is always close. I just don't eat the night before and only drink water and stuff 12 hours prior. Get a good sleep, and basically just try and relax.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Found a book by a doctor about how salt deprivation can cause serious health issues, says that it's based on bad science, he's solved patient issues by having them eat more salt.

About The Salt Fix

We’ve all heard the recommendation: eat no more than a teaspoon of salt a day for a healthy heart. Health-conscious Americans have hewn to the conventional wisdom—that your salt shaker can put you on the fast track to a heart attack—and have suffered through bland but ‘heart-healthy’ dinners as a result.
    What if the low-salt advice is wrong?
    Dr. James DiNicolantonio, a leading cardiovascular research scientist, has reviewed over 500 publications to unravel the impact of salt on blood pressure and heart disease. He’s reached a startling conclusion: The vast majority of us don’t need to watch our salt intake. In fact, for most of us, more salt would be advantageous to your health. The Salt Fix tells the remarkable story of how salt became unfairly demonized—a never-before-told drama of competing egos and interests—and took the fall for another white crystal: sugar.
    In fact, too little salt can:
    • Cause you to crave sugar and refined carbs.
    • Send the body into semi-starvation mode.
    • Lead to weight gain, insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, chronic kidney disease, and increased blood pressure and heart rate.
    On the other hand, eating the salt your body desires can:
    • Improve everything from your sleep, energy, and mental focus to your fitness, fertility, and sexual performance
    • And stave off common chronic illnesses, including heart disease.
    Dr. DiNicolantonio shows the best ways to add salt back into your diet, offering his transformative five-step program for recalibrating your salt thermostat to achieve your unique, ideal salt intake. Science has moved on from the low-salt dogma, and so should you—your life may depend on it.

Radman Thanks this.
  4. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    :biggrin_2551::biggrin_25514::angel7::lurk:

(Dear God help us!)

Lepton1 and WesternPlains Thank this.
  5. midgetripples

midgetripples Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2018
    my long and short both say dnq under the medical examiners certificate expiration date.

6. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    A guy with a screen name Midgetripples probably has a blood pressure of 200/200. No wonder you were nervous.

nikmirbre Thanks this.
  7. midgetripples

midgetripples Light Load Member

Sep 16, 2018
    found another dot physical place that said with my medical records to prove i dont have an issue they will give me a physical, i get one every year from the va and have never once had an issue with high blood pressure.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  8. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Morning coffee, energy drink, and breakfast (carbs turn into sugar) will spike your BP. I would go fasted. Also when you wake up all the way to the physical do deep breaths in thru your nose out the mouth. And do it really deep when in the waiting room and don’t be on your phone.

I was at one of the best shape in my life 3 years ago. Lifting, cardio, gym 6 days a week. I was 189lbs. I had an interview and before the interview I took a preworkout to wake up. Well they wanted me to do a drug test and physical. So I stopped by a chipotle and ate steak, chicken bowl with salsa only (keto). I had a ice tea(caffeine). I’ve gotten 2 year physicals for the last 6 years. The doc said my bp was high AF and would only give me a 1 year. I knew there was nothing wrong with me. So when I took it again a year later I took a day off before the physical to stop any caffeine consumption and the day of I drank water and fasted also did deep breathing exercise. I was 205lb 41yrs Old. I had normal bp. Then I took a physical again a month later for my current company did the same thing normal bp. No medicine.

9. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Avoid all salt for a week and retest

10. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    I’m on the keto diet. I poor a ton of salt on my foods. I was doing this also before my last physical and still got a 2 year with normal bp at 41yrs old. 7 years ago I got a 3 month dot at 34 years old.

11. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.

It's not a new problem. Maybe you're like the OIC in this video.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.