Do dealers not want my money?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Soupflakes, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Soupflakes

Soupflakes Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2018
    Seriously, I'm looking at buying a new Manac, Dorsey, Doonan, Benson, whatever. I've been trying to get quotes and salesman have pretty much been like pulling teeth to actually get them to send me a quote. One sent me a text, "it'll be about 46,000 bucks" WTF?!?! Send me a freaking quote, you're a salesman. It's like they don't care if they sell a trailer or not. What is going on? I've also got quotes out to upfit my trucks, same thing, they will not get around to quoting it. It's so bad I've said fine, I'll upfit them myself, literally 4 shops lost out on the job simply because they won't get back to me. Just had to vent.

D.Tibbitt, Cat sdp, clausland and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Im sure they get lots and lots of texts and emails and most of the time its just a waste of their time. Like when you sell something on Craigslist, most of the replys are bogus. They want you to show up in person in my opinion or call em?

pavrom and Deere hunter Thank this.
  4. shooter19802003

shooter19802003 Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Idaho
    I literally just went through the same thing. I went with the one guy who actually called back and spent a little time with me. I hate dealing with salesman period. Not just in the truck world.

From what I gather from the op, he did call and the guy responded with a text at a later time/date.

5. Soupflakes

Soupflakes Bobtail Member

Oct 20, 2018
    Correct, I've called all of them. I have a Dorsey right now and am getting a second trailer. I was interested in trying a different brand, but most when I call them act annoyed that I called! I think I'm just going to go back with my Dorsey guy, at least he responds!

6. tlalokay

tlalokay Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2014
    El Paso, TX
    Welcome to customer service in this day and age. I'm seeing apathy and down-right annoyance in how the customer-facing representatives of businesses are conducting themselves these days. It's very widespread.

RockinChair, Badmon, DoubleO7 and 11 others Thank this.
  7. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Wilson has a good flat/drop deck.
    Ater warehouse guy in Helena/West Helena will pretty much guess, he orders them to whatever specs

D.Tibbitt and Coffey Thank this.
  8. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    It’s like this everywhere with everything. The 2020 mask fiasco has made people lose the will to live and no longer care to be the best at what they do. Get used to it. We may never get that drive back again.

9. Rickp

Rickp Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Ward, AR
    Trailer orders are pretty backed up right now. One dealer told me he has 2 brands. One is taking orders for 6 to 8 wks out and the other is backed out to November. Have to find places that actually have trailers sittin in the yard.

clausland Thanks this.
  10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    and those very same sales people want $15.00 per hour...

like they deserve it????

Cat sdp, Speed_Drums and bzinger Thank this.
  11. Slowpoke KW

Slowpoke KW Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2015
    OK
    Don’t know where you’re at but I’ve bought trailers from City Trailer and Superior Trailer both in Okc they were always quick to respond and easy to deal with. But the last one I bought was in 2019.

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.