Do I have to itemize my per diem

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Mr biggs, Nov 21, 2016.

1. MiRig2017

MiRig2017 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2017
    U.S.A
    Do you have receipts from being OTR in that one month that you are missing? I am not a tax expert, but I would think that saving anything to prove that you were out over the road , plus your employer may not save that info, but they definitely can show you were employed with them. We learned the hard way, for now on, if working with a company that does everything online, print up paperwork such as logs, at that exact time and not at tax time in case you are no longer working for them.

Heathar Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MiRig2017

MiRig2017 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2017
    U.S.A
    FYI: Turbo Tax will ask you if you were in the transportation industry and will figure out your Meal allowance for you after you figure out how many days you were out X 63.00 (68.00) in Canada. It will do the 80% automatically. All other expenses, are 2% figured out for you too.

4. Heathar

Heathar Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2016
    Sharpsburg, GA
    I am not able to obtain 7 months of logs, now I have a better understanding of all that's involved, I will definitely be prepared next year.

MiRig2017 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.