Do not drive for Gray Transportation out of Waterloo, Iowa.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by wchutchings, Nov 24, 2017.

1. wchutchings

wchutchings Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2017
    Lies and broken promises. My dispatcher was a young guy who looked like he should be in his parents basement playing video games. No real trucking experience. Someone in upper management thinks very little of drivers. The never did get me home on time. Poor equipment. Many trailers look like they should be junked.
    If you live in the Waterloo, Iowa area they might be okay. They are not really an OTR company. They mostly run the west end of the rust belt. They do not want to pay tolls. I got charged back for tolls on the I-pass. And I was running the most direct route. Go some place else. BAD PLACE TO WORK.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    If I remember right, the opener of Gray hates this website, and has posted on here several times under fake user names trying to lie and talk his company up. A true desk jockey.

DTP and Lonesome Thank this.
  4. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    "Hello, my name is Blue, yeah, yeah, that's it. I've been at Gray for years and it's just a dreamy job.

The pay is great, the miles are good, and each truck comes equipped with a sterno stove, ten MREs, a pack of smokes and chewing gum. Mine even had a half a roll of 300 grit toilet paper!

I couldn't be happier at Gray!

-Yellow, I mean Blue!"

Broke Down 69, DOGSLIFE and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    I’ve seen Gray’s equipment now and then while running through Iowa, it looks like old stuff bought from the used truck dealerships, very poor shape.

6. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Waterloo,Iowa another town notorious for cheap Euro outfits.

7. Jack Reacher

Jack Reacher Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2018
    Bad,bad,bad,equiptment.Night dispatcher is an idiot.Company too cheap to run the toll roads.This place is a century behind in technology.Do not I repeat do not go to work here.Biggest mistake of my life

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  9. Jason Rogers

Jason Rogers Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2015
    I have had a very different experience here at Gray. I have a newer/new truck, I get approx 3,000 miles a week average, my paychecks are around 1100.-1300. A week after taxes, I am treated very well by everyone. If I communicate to dispatch on my delivery times then always have another load waiting on me. I am very happy here

10. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    How can you say after taxes how do you know my tax situation will be anything like your @## Mr gray

11. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    He can say after taxes because he was referring to HIS paycheck, not yours or anyone else's.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.