Do western express flatbed drivers EVER make it out to california?

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by superpet39, Feb 11, 2014.

1. superpet39

superpet39 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Bay Area California
    (in particular Northern Ca?)

Im just trying to gauge just how realistic it is to make it back home (bay area) ever? lol

Also, forgive the rookie question, but is there some type of protocol in place if a company NEVER has freight going towards where an employee lives?

Thanks in advance- you all have been extremely helpful.- since I found out I was going to western express. :biggrin_25514:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    protocol; You drive home in your own vehicle from the closest yard.

If they never have freight going where you live I am surprised they would hire you.

4. holycow

holycow Medium Load Member

Jul 18, 2012
    my son drove for W.E.and he took his truck home.the only problem he had with them is they never told the truth...sounds like every trucking company.

5. superpet39

Jan 27, 2013
    Bay Area California
    Where is "home" for your son?

6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I see more P&S out west than WX. :) don't mind me, just an observation.

7. Calregon

Calregon Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Oregon
    I live in Oregon, off the I-5. I see their trucks enough to start researching them for possible employment. I see their ads on CL. I would think if they have ads in the area they must go through quite a bit. I just ASSumed they traveled the I-5 corridor. Dont know if that helped. Good Luck.

8. superpet39

Jan 27, 2013
    Bay Area California
    I ASSumed the same thing when I saw the CL ads..... but when the recruiter told me that they put out the CL ads EVERYWHERE, and mentioned washington (i asked you about california- and you tell me washington), I just knew (or rather- got a feeling) that getting back to Cali might be difficult.... you're in Oregon, so you should be ok! (especially if you're thinking van instead of flatbed)

But i plan on trying to post up any and all useful info i can once i get there - whether it be positive or negative, just don't misconstrue any negative info as me complaining: because i wont be- i know the pickle i put myself in, and now its time for me to "do my time", and make the best out of it.

Gilpin Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.