Do women like truck drivers?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by NewNashGuy, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    If they like you for the person that you are, it won't matter what your job/career is. Some women are shallow and need the gold card, mercedes, mansion and all that crap. Most decent women want to be treated like a human being and be able to have an intelligent conversation with some one. They also want to be able to have a few laughs!

As was mentioned, we don't like having our chest talked to. We also don't like the obvious come-on's and pick up lines either. We can spot a womanizer a mile away. If it's obvious that all a guy wants is to get in our pants, we won't give them the time of day, or we'll go the other way string them along, make them 'dance' and then drop them like a hot potato.

Be yourself, have fun and be able to hold a conversation. Some women can't handle the industry, some can. It takes a pretty independent woman to handle this industry.

lostNfound and GasHauler Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Seperate your business life from your work life. I wouldn't look for extended entertainment on the road, nor would I look for a woman. Save that for home. If you meet someone on the road means a long distance relationship. I was always told they didn't work. But not listening, I had two of them that failed. They don't work.

Over half the population is unmarried or divorced now. The majority of society looks at truckers as low down scum in populated area's. In the rural area's they see you as someone with a good job. But how you carry yourself is all that matters. You don't have to be a trucker to be a ignorant slob. Nor does an ignorant slob gotta to be a trucker. Just be yourself and find someone in your hometown. Unless you live in WV, lol.

What time is it lilbit?

Ducks and U4EA Thank this.
  4. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    About that time. Why?

5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Not quite Miller time. . .:biggrin_25523:

6. blktop-bucanear

blktop-bucanear Medium Load Member

May 23, 2011
    transition
    ya can't start till after noon right don?

Big Don Thanks this.
  7. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    'Course it IS after noon. Somewhere. . .:biggrin_25523:

8. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    True and, true.

9. Powell-Peralta

Powell-Peralta Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2007
    My opinion in regards to bar people and non-bar people,(specifically women):

Alot of women don't give a flying crap what you drive and what your job is or if you even have a job. i am proof of this and i have proof of this.

Now if the topic of jobs comes up, how do you think she will feel when you tell her how much you earn?

10. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    How much you earn is NONE OF HER FRIGGING BUSINESS! Maybe, if you have gone with her for a long time and are establishing a long time relationship. MAYBE. After you are seriously engaged, well, OK, possibly. After you are married, most likely.

But for heaven sake, if you are looking at a one night fling, she don't need to know ANYTHING. :biggrin_25513:

Except that you have the cash money to settle up afterward.:biggrin_25523:

11. blktop-bucanear

blktop-bucanear Medium Load Member

May 23, 2011
    transition
    the old saying wherever you go there you are.

I have found in my travels you will always run into similar people. I don't drink either and yes it would be nice to hit a hot spot once in a while. if it happens great but not going to plan for it.

My luck I will get a reset at a walmart in the middle of idaho or better yet at a rest area with no facilities.

I think american trucker has the right idea although he may have a lot more luck seeing he is in his early twenties.

the best bet is be yourself, be genuine, any time i tried to be anything else it went wrong. be carefull what you wish for you may get it:biggrin_25522:

on a side note not everyone is looking for a serious long term relationship.
    nor is everyone looking for a one night stand.

sometimes a cup of coffee and a little company goes allot further:biggrin_25519:
    who knows what can happen you may get lucky. or wake up missing your truck and a kidney. either way It was an adventure lol:biggrin_25522:

hup and BigJohn54 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.