Do you ever experience burn out?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Lab work, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Didn't know that. Is it on the old Clark Air Force Base? I think FedEx has a terminal on that base.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    A trip out to the PacNW helps cure any burnout that can quickly occur in between.

2 or more consecutive days spent anywhere in the southeastern US and I become sociopathic

Headed north or west, I'm okay. Headed south or east, I'm depressed

stwik, Evil_E, Lab work and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. thaistick

thaistick Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2014
    OTR/Thailand
    Don't know where, but I'm sure it's probably near there.... I think there was something after WWII that allowed vets to move/retire there... I read something about that a long time ago.

Lab work and Chinatown Thank this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    "The VA Outpatient Clinic in the Philippines is the only VA healthcare facility located in a foreign country and located on U.S. Embassy property. Only Veterans who have a service-connected disability of at least zero percent and registered with VA OPC are eligible for care and services."
    [​IMG]

thaistick, Lab work and 06driver Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    ROTF.

Lab work Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    The NE is tough. I just rather not deal with them anymore. It's almost I did all my welcomes in a few years up there until it became you again.

Down here in the South Im a "#### yankee" for about a decade. HA...

Lab work Thanks this.
  8. TheyCallMeDave

TheyCallMeDave Heavy Load Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Tejas
    You don't see fleet owners like that everyday.

Oldironfan, x1Heavy and Lab work Thank this.
  9. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    now im burned out.

10. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    No you do not see too many fleet owners like Ridgeline.

He would not have to fly me anywhere much, just picked a sail spot somewhere on the bay and a instructor for half a day on the water. Especially if there is no fishing to be done right then and the revenue made would offset a potential lost day. I know I talked about sailing alot. It was good to me in difficult times. But here along the Arkansas river it's not good sailing waters and I would be so rusty as to be dangerous.

IT is good for some things. I happened to enjoy the hardware building of ludicrous computers on a pile of money and then rebuilding them while upgrading on holiday sales for years. My ex's machine is occupying my thougths very often. It's approaching 12 years of service after I built it for her with hours sufficient to essentially be beyond the 50K hour lifetime of the CPU.

I have been debating building her a replacement or taking a few hundred dollars for a E3 auctioned off laptop with at least a pair of video cards and some reasonable hardware after the Industry show is over next year or later this year for her.

However. All time off has a price. The truck sits. I think it;s between 600 dollars to at least 1500 or more lost when it is sitting and empty. More when idling off the fuel and precooling like it did once for us in Salinas CA at Americold there. each day you lose that much if not more in productivity. Fleet owners know this. Most drivers don't yet know or maybe care about that. It is good to take time off now and then, even better when you can pace and stamina and keep producing revenue.

TheyCallMeDave and Lab work Thank this.
  11. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Only when I use my foot brake which is never.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.