Do you have any difficulties when using 98” high rolltite?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by c.w, Oct 7, 2021.

1. c.w

c.w Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2021
    My company said that lot of customer hate roll tite,so hard to find a load,because 98 inches high…. is it true?
    I m really tired in tarpping. I don’t know why they reluctant to let me buy the trapping system!

shooter19802003 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shooter19802003

shooter19802003 Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Idaho
    I don't know about the height thing. However, I didn't buy one because alot of places we load at aren't loading them anymore. Even though they've loaded them for years. so we have a couple of guys that are really getting harder to find loads for. What was told to us is because of liability. They don't want to have to pay for the mistakes of their crap forklift skills.

4. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    All kinds of outbound freight good for a conestoga. It’s getting return trips that’s a pain in the arse. We have one but it’s 104 tall inside. It sits most the time now because we don’t have out outbound customer we bought it for.
    No rail, oversized, crane mats, hay, 2x6 limber and about a dozen other things. Super sacks are no fun once you get to the destination either. ( good luck opening the kit once you get there)

feldsforever, Vampire, cke and 3 others Thank this.
  5. c.w

c.w Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2021
    which means if we still have to tarping ,Not using any innovations?
    I think in my company、I need at least 2 set tarp per year!Over thousand dollars!Plus it waste lots of my time and energy,Without roll tite is not good choice,We want working hard not just feel working hard

feldsforever and shooter19802003 Thank this.
  6. shooter19802003

Feb 8, 2010
    Idaho
    My hangup is not the work. It's not difficult to roll out a tarp and toss some bungies on it. My hangup is the time it takes. That is time I could be down the road. Time is money.

7. c.w

c.w Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2021
    how do you feel about this one?
    3ps tarp plus amazing load.

Attached Files:

8. shooter19802003

Feb 8, 2010
    Idaho
    Lol, reminds me of my crap. I often use every piece of padding I have.....and wish I had more. I like your tarp rack. I seen a guy the other day that had something similar. It was solid aluminum and prolly 24ft or so long and he had a tarp that covered the whole thing. Pretty cool.

9. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    Conestoga is only good for dedicated tarp freight and multi stop tarp loads. After using one that’s my experience. General load board freight it gets in the way more than not.

10. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    If you never haul anything that extends beyond the edges of your deck then a roll top would be fine. My old boss had a couple conestogas but I never pulled one. I did pull a hard top curtain van for a few months and hated it, ended up going back to a flatbed.

11. Lostkeys

Lostkeys Heavy Load Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Archbold,OH
    How much of your freight is over 98" tall or 102" wide? 98" is fairly standard height for a flat conastoga. Some shippers won't load conastogas because they can't get as much product on the trailer. For example plastic pipe, insulation, etc

12. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    I never had trouble getting loads for both flat and step conestoga ...spot market only ...more and more partials lately... Also never wait for load - its usually booked before i am unloaded .
    Ps: dont know how hard to get loaded since my dispatch does this part

c.w Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.