Do you think Truck Drivers should be allowed to carry pistols in their trucks?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by PTHEXPRESS, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zentrucking

zentrucking Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Atlanta
    But then you 'gotta ask yourself ... is it worth pulling a "Dirty Harry" on some heavily armed crew?

They will usually have a gun in your face already, they usually won't "ask" first ...

Is it worth the risk - or the pay?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ken

Ken Couch Commander

Oct 29, 2006
    Want to put some money on that? :yes2557:

Bucktrucker and Injun Thank this.
  4. Toro

Toro Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2010
    Some where under the Sun
    Idk, I can see valid points for caring firing arms, I dont carry one, I know there is many different types of truckers out there, and some even tho they shouldn't do have road rage, and again, idk how accessible their weapon is, but i hate to come across a road rager packing, and this goes for the 4 wheelers too, I think something's could be fix with an extra manpower, if truck stops and rest areas would have security patrolling the lots, this should cut down on use for a fire arm, but we have many stops, going through many different parts of any place at any time, and we are not going to have some one keeping an eye on the area we must enter, and here we need to protect ourselves, but what we can carry and what we want to carry, varies on complany policy and your personel preference if your going to carry or not carry.

5. PTHEXPRESS

PTHEXPRESS Light Load Member

Apr 21, 2011
    IL
    I honestly don't know much details but I can find out and let you know.

6. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    That's why you use a little something known as personal judgment. Yes, if they got the better of you, they got the better of you. It could happen. Acting like every such situation will turn out that way is absurd, though - it fits right in with this mentality that a burglar will disarm you, but could never take away a phone before you dial 911.

If they ask at all? You think there's some guarantee that no harm will come to you?

There are other jobs out there. Keeping this one isn't worth losing my life for so that I'm left with no options in a matter such as that of defending my own life.

7. YankeeTexan

YankeeTexan Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Go into a nuke power plant you will get searched. (and depending on where you are going an armed guard will sit in your passenger seat the whole time you are there)

8. walstib

walstib Darkstar

:biggrin_2559: I can't believe this can be that big of a problem...

9. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    It's probably not a good idea for most of us to be packing while on the road. To much chance with a day like today we might use it.

Flying Dutchman and Injun Thank this.
  10. PTHEXPRESS

PTHEXPRESS Light Load Member

Apr 21, 2011
    IL
    Well from what I've heard the organ donor business is growing and they are a lot of organizations out there that do that. And to me..., the death of 1 person in this cruel way seems like a problem. It makes truck-stops unsafe in my book!

11. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    I would not believe everything that you read from OOIDA.

Ken Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.