Do you think Truck Drivers should be allowed to carry pistols in their trucks?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by PTHEXPRESS, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PTHEXPRESS

PTHEXPRESS Light Load Member

Apr 21, 2011
    IL
    Ha ha ha ! :D
    That is how I felt about a lady in a Mazda miata once upon a time :D

Texas-Nana Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Seriously. This "organ harvest" urban legend has been around a very long time.

So let's think about this logically for a moment.

Your average truck stop is a toilet. Literally.

Your average truck driver showers maybe every other day if he has a chance, smokes, drinks too much coffee, eats fast food, has more body fat content that the average person and most likely has a fatty liver and beat-up kidneys.

Your average truck has about eight square feet of floor space, no room to move around, probably needs the floor swept, might have a pee-bottle or two in it and you can't turn around without bumping into something.

To harvest an organ, you need to drug a roughly 250-300 pound person, flip them over in a tractor sleeper berth, have clean tools, a clean receptacle and a near-as-possible sterile environment, you need a car running outside to whisk you and the organ to its destination, if it is a black market deal, you will have to at least know the blood type of your victim, if not a tissue type....and by the time you get all that, your harvested organ is moosh.

Sorry, but it doesn't make any more sense to me than robbing graves to put a whole person together. Wait...didn't somebody already try that??

Regarding the carry of a firearm. I know some do. I don't. I carry a dog and some street sense. If victims would step back and replay the entire event and all circumstances leading to the robbery, they could probably pick out a point or two at which it could have been prevented. I'll say....90% of the time. I'm banking on prevention.

And a Lo-Jack system. For recovery.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
    Ken Thanks this.
  4. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    May I remind you folks of another thread? About the Congresswoman being shot ? And the yahoo in here stating that a licensed gun toter should have opened up on the shooter?

Same thing again....what if your packing and someone tries to break in your truck while you sleep...... uh huh so you dump the clip in the same general direction as the noise or maybe you got lucky and saw the perp and dumped the clip in him.....but one or two missed...and one hit the little boy with his mom at the fuel pump in the front lot..... you're thinking what ???? Deputy Dawg is gonna say that's ok, we know you were protecting yourself? Yeah ok..... your going to sing sing permit or not....

There is even case history of homeowners wounding perps and being sued for damages...and lost.....

Being said...I carry, responsibly I hope. The one big lesson I learned from my instructor was to not take it out unless I intended to use it and accept the repercussions of doing the same.

I'm not a cop and don't get to act like one or enjoy their protection. The gun is for me to exert deadly force as a last resort in imminent danger to me or my family. Of which will be determined at a later date by someone else.......

My .02

5. PTHEXPRESS

PTHEXPRESS Light Load Member

Apr 21, 2011
    IL
    You have a point :) But still you can never know, in all of this madness they are all kinds of crazy ppl. Or maybe some one watched Fast and the furious way too many times :) :biggrin_2559:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
    Injun Thanks this.
  6. Wiseguywireless

Wiseguywireless Road Train Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Petoskey, MI
    Yes I do Believe that we have a constitutional right to carry. actually a Alienable (SP) Right how ever you spell it. My Pocket Constitution is home....

7. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    I've delivered to 4 military bases in the past 2 years and NO ONE ever climbed into my cab. Searched the outside, of course.

8. giants14701

giants14701 Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Jamestown,ny
    I've been to 2 bases and the inside of the the truck was never searched

9. Oscar-Mike

Oscar-Mike Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Care to quote the statute that says this??? Here is a hint, there isn't one. It's up to the carrier, it's their truck, their load and you are their employee. The 2nd amendement guarantees the right to keep and bear arms, the states mandate that action and it does vary state to state.

10. Xdriver

Xdriver Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2008
    West
    In my short 21 years with a CDL I have come across a lot of drivers, and very few would I trust with a firearm. You get one driver all pissed and start waving a gun around and fire a shot off there is not much to a sleeper to stop the bullet while your sleeping.

11. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    Originally Posted by Smaggs [​IMG]
    you can't drive a commercial vehicle and carry a gun... it's illegal in all 48 states... anyway, I'd rather let someone get away with my load than end up in a possible gun fight......

We've beaten this dead horse to a pulp in about 4-5 threads in the past few months. There is no prohibition of firearms in a CMV, unless it's a state, local or company rule.

I find it funny how people thump their chests and scream from the rooftops about their rights, but THEY don't have a gun in their truck, either.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.