Does Anyone Drive For Jett Trucking out of Olathe, KS?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by D LOOK, Oct 26, 2020.

1. D LOOK

D LOOK Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2016
    I'm trying to find info on Jett Trucking out of Olathe, Kansas from a drivers perspective. Does anyone have any info on them? Thank you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Love7

Love7 Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2018
    Interesting I just looked n talk to them the other day so nice post I'd be interested what people have to say

D LOOK Thanks this.
  4. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    They used to be H.P. Distribution. Dad is stepping back and son is taking over now. Jett is the son's son, so I assume the company will pass to him in the far future. Some new KW's on order to replace really old trucks, Pete's that their drivers love, but it is time to drive something new. They are reefer only and have up graded those trailers except for 10 trailers that are old and loud. Rarely will you be outside of 600 miles of Olathe but that doesn't mean you will be home for the weekend if you live in the area. They want you to run for at least two weeks before going home. Pay per mile was not the greatest, but the miles are there for a $900 per week paycheck. They do not pay for detention or breakdowns. So if the customer (National Beef and Cargill) holds you up for a full day, and it happens, that is your problem, not theirs.The shop guys know their stuff so trucks and trailers rarely breakdown. A plus to the shop. Main running area was KS, MO, IL, IN, MI, OK and TX. Trucks ran at 70 and were automatics for the most part. All new trucks will be/are autos. Good folks in the office, but due to Covid you won't actually meet them with or without a mask.

5. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Funny you bring them up .. Never heard of them before but I saw three of their trucks bobtail at the Flying J in Dodge City .. I'm assuming they were waiting for their beef load across the street

Newer nice International trucks

D LOOK Thanks this.
  6. D LOOK

D LOOK Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Thank you for the info on them. :)

MOBee Thanks this.
  7. Huffkc

Huffkc Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2020
    My ex works for them..Nothing bad about them. They offer a 5 on 2 off schedule but he is 3weeks/3 days...He drives a 2020 truck, has excellent dispatch, little down time...best company by far he has worked for.

8. D LOOK

D LOOK Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Thank you for the info on them. I appreciate it. :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.