Does anyone have detailed figures for the Hirsbach lease program?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by RandyB100, Oct 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandyB100

RandyB100 Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Hello everyone,

Before anyone says anything, yes I've used the search function and read most of the posts over Hirschbach back until about 2013. Their rates and lease program have changed drastically since then, so I'm looking for new information.

I am already in a pre-hire state with them and have received a small flyer and the recruiter giving me some very basic information, but no specific figures. I'm chalking this up to the lease being different for each truck. The pay and the lease arrangement look amazing in comparison to what I've gone through already: 99 cent fuel in their network, 2 weeks payments deferred per year for breaks, 2018+ trucks, all of the extra pay like breakdowns, retention (not detention), etc., on top of the normal arrangement, and from what I've read on here and heard from the recruiter a weekly average net of $1500-2000 (other drivers) to $12-1500 (recruiter).

While my recruiter gave me rough estimates of miles and net pay, he did not break down all of the expenses of the lease or cover any fines the company may place on drivers. I had read in other posts they fine for going over so many miles per week, going out of route too much, any damaged product, etc. I know there's per mile charges for the maintenance program and a few other things, but I don't have a clear breakdown yet of the program.

I've already been in 3 other leases in my trucking career, and this one really seems to be the best one. My first was borderline scamming people (Quality Companies) and my second was with a company similar to Hirschbach but had some staffing issues and a few of the managers were jerks to everyone, so I ended up leaving. My last lease didn't have any maintenance coverage or most of the perks that this one does (Celadon) and I made about $1k a week on average before the truck had a major mechanical failure and I was switched to company.

So does anyone have any recent information on Hirschbach? I'm based out of South Dakota if that helps. I'm looking at other lease programs (Prime, US Xpress, JB Hunt, Schneider, TEL leasing) as well but would prefer a "no credit check/no money down/walk away at any time" kind of deal. I figured Prime's and US Xpress' figures and they're not so bad. About 6% interest plus buyout OR ~15% APR overall if you factor in the buyout cost. A 150k truck going for 200k over 5 years. My personal car's APR is higher.

So far it's a toss-up between Prime and Hirschbach unless I get some bad news. I am favoring Hirschbach because Prime will only let me do flatbed, although they'll put me through a 3-day paid bootcamp for it. Prime is much more liberal with information about costs, though. The Hirschbach recruiter so far has just answered some questions and gave me this flyer:

hirsch.png

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    You've done 3 already and now you want to do #4?

4. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Stubborn aren’t ya!

bryan21384, Cat sdp and snowwy Thank this.
  5. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    How much does the truck cost a week...?

6. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Do you understand that those fixed fuel price deals are a rip-off ...

bryan21384 and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  7. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    There are so many better driving jobs out there. Why do guys keep messing around with these bottom feeder companies?

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  8. Steel Tiger

Steel Tiger Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Orlando, FL
    So, no fuel surcharge and you don't get 100% detention pay?
    Count on majority of loads being in the $1.13 or less range.
    Chasing miles for little pay.

Sounds like a great program... Go for it!!!
    NOT!

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  9. RandyB100

RandyB100 Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2015
    Yes. I did a Quality Companies full maintenance lease and they would postpone repairs then still charge me that week, so I left. I worked for a company similar to Hirschbach and it was good until an incident happened and I decided to go back to Celadon. I leased a truck through Celadon for 2 years and paid all repairs out of a maintenance account (truck had 400k miles and no warranty) and it worked ok until the turbo went. I'm a company driver now there.

I'm trying to lease a truck that has a manufacturer warranty and would prefer a new one, but I don't want to put any money down. It's for tax reasons.

10. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I knew a driver that did Hirschbach lease. His numbers were always -$700. He didnt get get a check for 2 months. Now to the OP, "no credit check/no money down/walk away" at any time should suggest a few things.

1. You won't make money. Hirschbach will though.

2. No money down means that they, and everybody else on here, knows you're broke.

3. You should be a company driver.

I mean this nicest way possible.

bzinger, snowwy and JonJon78 Thank this.
  11. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    3 unsuccessful leases and the light bulb still hasn't gone on? :sign3:

bzinger and bryan21384 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.