Does anyone here run for Estes in the southwest?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by HoustonTrucker, Apr 24, 2018.

1. HoustonTrucker

HoustonTrucker Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    I asked this over on the Estes truckingboards forum awhile back but didnt get much response.

I'm looking to possibly work out of a terminal in the Southwest, Namely Vegas, Phoenix, or Tucson. Can anyone tell me what kind of runs are out of each respective terminal? What kind of miles can an extraboard driver expect to get running in that region?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    As far as I know for fact, Tucson is a break bulk terminal so ALOT of freight pushes through. I'd go with that. Never been there, so I don't know what runs they have for fact.

4. Daniel55645

Daniel55645 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Indianapolis, IN
    I get around 2900-3000 easily in the midwest. running out there, you should have no problem running 3000+ a week. The only time you'll hit a bad week is doing the California shuffle. There's over 20 terminals in California, and you get stuck between them. It's the same problem out in the New England area. Too many terminals close together. but for the most part, you should never have a problem getting your 3000 miles out west.

If you ever plan on getting a daytime line haul scheduled run, you'll want to go to a very large terminal. the smaller terminals don't typically have day time line haul.

5. HoustonTrucker

HoustonTrucker Light Load Member

Mar 22, 2015
    Do you make it out to the Southwest often or do you typically stay in the midwest?

6. Daniel55645

Daniel55645 Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Indianapolis, IN
    typically midwest and down south. We'll get out to Denver or run around Texas sometimes. Only time they'd send us that far is if we tell them we want to stay out for more than 1 week, then they'll run us our farther.

7. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Texas is there money maker. 3k can be ran in Texas alone.

canviskiller Thanks this.
  8. canviskiller

canviskiller Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2013
    texas
    I'm pretty new to estes but out of the Dallas terminal I run Dallas>el paso> Phoenix almost every week and last week hit 3760 miles in 6 days! it's busy out there!

speedyk Thanks this.
  9. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Dang, wish they'd hire me. I could use that kind of work right now. Where's the emoji for extreme envy?

10. canviskiller

canviskiller Medium Load Member

Sep 7, 2013
    texas
    outta dallas?

11. speedyk

speedyk Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Well... not that excited about Dallas. If nowhere else, maybe. I'm a westerner.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.