Does anyone know..... (2019 Freightliner )

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by Commuter69, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Commuter69

Commuter69 Heavy Load Member

Jul 2, 2014
    I can't imagine this being too difficult, but nobody I have talked with seems to know....

My left side forward mirror (the one mounted to the hood) is loose. The housing assembly is fine, but the mirror itself worked itself loose and it's annoying.

Can someone please explain how to get inside to see if it can be tightened?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    Not sure if this helps but it does show how to change it so it might help you in fixing it.

Commuter69 Thanks this.
  4. Commuter69

Commuter69 Heavy Load Member

Jul 2, 2014
    That looks helpful enough (at least the final part where he's tightening up the back side after the new mirror is in) as long as I can get inside by moving the actual mirror around in the housing and the assembly is similar on the 19 as is on the older truck shown?

5. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    You need to push the mirror around to make a gap between it and the housing to reach the screws. It's been a while since I replaced one (deer strike).
    Just get agressive and push the mirror around with a flashlight in whatever gap you can create between it and the housing. You can't remove the backside of the housing, need to go in through the front and then behind the mirror.

GL. :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted