Does anyone know anything about company called TrueNorth Transportation?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by just g p, Oct 18, 2021.

1. just g p

just g p Light Load Member

May 20, 2013
    San Antonio, Tx
    TrueNorth Transportation is advertised as a Owner Operator Only company. Does anyone have any information about the company?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mystikal

Mystikal Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Fort Worth, TX
    What do you want to know about them? I was the Safety Manager there from August, 2020 to April 30, 2021 and helped build most of the policies & procedures.

4. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    A friend of mine just leased one truck from his fleet over there to try it out, he says it's going well so far. It looks to me that you pay all of the costs plus they take their percentage.

5. Mystikal

Mystikal Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Fort Worth, TX
    They nickel and dime you to death, that is for sure. And their insurance isn't cheap and their fuel discounts are (or were) terrible. They work the spot market for freight, and when I left they only had maybe 3 or 4 direct customers of their own.

You can make money there, but aside from the dispatchers I can tell you nobody in management has any experience in trucking (they don't consider themselves a trucking company but, rather, a tech company) so you will spend a lot of time fighting with them because they don't have a clue. In short, that is a lot of the reason I decided to leave and return to driving.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted