Does anyone know Moore Transport?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by MooneyBravo, Mar 20, 2016.

1. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    I have 6 yrs of Car Hauling experience, the most recent being in early 2013. I left Continental Transport out of Brighton , CO in 1/2007 because they sold their company trucks and became solely O/O. I hauled household goods for my church community until 12/2011. I went back to Car Hauling but had 3 totally dead end jobs and so I tried the piggybacking as an independent contractor. I've been running piggybacks out of South Texas since July of 2013. It paid great when there was work but the annual was low and so I've been playing lease driver doing mostly drop and hooks since October 2015 out of Seville, Ohio. I have noticed a company called Moore Transport http://www.mooretransport.com/ running across the Ohio Turnpike everyday and decided to check them out. I talked with a recruiter on Wednesday and I applied this past Saturday. Everything looks impressive on their website and I was wondering if any of you have worked/work for Moore or have talked to any of their drivers?

They haul a lot of new cars and with all the benefits they have I'm beginning to wonder if this is a union outfit. Anyway, I would appreciate any info you may have.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wyodispatchgirl

wyodispatchgirl Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2016
    Western Slopes of Colorado
    There's a thread here just about companies you might post or search on in case you don't get a response here.

4. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    They don't pay cross miles. $3,000 in damage your gone. They turned trucks down to 65 mph due to tires issue. They have changed their pay structure several times recently. Very very bad CSA score. Don't get any tickets or you will get time off.

diesel engine and skinnytrucker Thank this.
  5. skinnytrucker

skinnytrucker Heavy Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    U.P. of Michigan
    What area do you live in now??

6. MooneyBravo

MooneyBravo Heavy Load Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Vermilion, Oh
    NE Ohio 40 miles S of Cleveland. I was told I could run out of Toledo. I did a phone interview and will get called soon to do a drug screen. I chatted with another driver on another post and he seems to love it and say the pay is great and he is home weekends.

7. skinnytrucker

skinnytrucker Heavy Load Member

Jan 24, 2009
    U.P. of Michigan
    Why don't you go to work for Cassens out of Lordstown. Lot closer to home

8. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    I saw elsewhere that Moore just recently picked everything UDM out of Dundalk, and that hauls to pretty much everything east of the big river. I believe 70 was the number of trucks they needed to add.

Anything thing else I've heard about them is hearsay, and you know that thing that Momma taught about if you can't say anything nice...

Colorato Thanks this.
  9. NuCar Carrier

NuCar Carrier Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Why not just go to Jack Cooper, it is Teamsters. Lansing, Mi is hiring or will be, plenty of loads thru Ohio

10. Brotch2021

Brotch2021 Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2021
    Driving on 95 one of your drivers just cut me off and almost ran us off the road I have a screenshot of the inside of the vehicle How do I contact you people to report us my wife and my six-year-old daughter in the car could’ve killed us all all

11. bamanation

bamanation Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Muscle Shoals ,AL
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.