Does anyone know where to buy one of those Early Warning devices?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by diamondhawk, Mar 2, 2018.

1. diamondhawk

diamondhawk Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2018
    I have seen some trucks and trailers that have this white strobe light attached to the rear of their truck or trailer and what it does is it flashes whenever the truck is traveling less than 15 mph! It's supposed to curb rear end collisions! I just can't find where to buy one. Any help would be appreciated!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    Adding more lights to a vehicle than what is required to be legal may not be legal, For unsafe conditions the flashers are supposed to be used, using other lights going down the road may confuse others. Those lights might be useful backing up in truck stops and shippers and receivers to gain more attention.

4. diamondhawk

Mar 2, 2018
    Good point. I think these lights stay flashing even when the brake lights go out. Could be helpful in construction zones and the like.

5. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    I just use my hazards , they came free with the truck.

tscottme and HalpinUout Thank this.
  6. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    White lights aren't legal on the rear of a vehicle, with the exception of the reverse lights and license plate light.

snowwy and tscottme Thank this.
  7. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    You ever pass a rollback loading a car? These idiots light up the night and blind you. Then they drive down the road with all kinds of silly lights flashing. What's the necessity in that? Just wannabe truckers. Boys and their toys.

8. diamondhawk

Mar 2, 2018
    I finally found the company that sells them. They actually use amber led lights which are legal from what I understand. Couldn't hurt to try it out!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.