does covenant hair test

Discussion in 'Covenant' started by hahaha69, Aug 31, 2011.

1. kwray

kwray Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    Theyll just pull it from somewhere else.....unless you're bald everywhere

2. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Iron Mountain, MI
    I swear I met a PAM driver that was totally bald. No hair no eyebrows no nothing.

Looked like he just finished Chemo or something. I don't know if he had cancer treatment or what.

3. kwray

kwray Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Pennsylvania
    Its possible that he was born without hair.

4. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    Then he has no worries as to a Hair test when he shows up for the test and there's no hair and he has a medical condition as to why he'll be excluded. I mean are you really defending a person who ask's a question on a puyblic forum? I have no problem if you are. But i have no problem with the responses other's have given either. I just did a hair follicle test Thursday, they cut not pulled the hair off my chest. I feel if someone is asking about a drug test it's to try and avoid or beat the test. I don't want anyone who's under the influence behind the wheel of any vehicle.

5. Bigrigin

Bigrigin Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Illinois
    Maybe he don't have any hair.:biggrin_25523:

6. ZippyNH

ZippyNH Medium Load Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Southern NH
    Simply put, if you need to ask..

You should not be driving a cmv.
    if you are 100% hairlesd due to a documented medical condition, then no worries...if you just shaved everything, and removed your eyebrows,etc...then it will be kinda suspicious....

RockinChair Thanks this.
  7. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    While I agree with all the drivers here, I can now sorta understand the question. Please allow me to explain.

One week before I was dumb enough to attend orientation with Covenant, I made the mistake of slicing my finger open straight down to the bone. Yes, it hurt. No, I did not go to the emergency room to get stitches or anything. Why? Because most emergency rooms use a "caine" based pain killer when putting stitches in, and I didn't want to run the risk of the drug showing up on a drug test, with or without a doctor's note. This is largely because I wanted absolutely nothing that would risk sending mehome from orientation, especially a failed drug test.

Accidents like that happen to anybody. And painkillers, like any drug, stay in your hair much longer than they stay in your system. And with the large numbers of new drivers entering the field, how many "mega" carriers are gonna even bother with checking the validity of a doctor's note, when they have twenty or thirty other clean drug tests to choose from?

hardworkinman Thanks this.
  8. 36Badger

36Badger Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Over here
    Just get a doctors note, no big deal.

9. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

There is no company that will deny you employment simply because you took pain medication during minor surgery. And you get no points for heroism.

10. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

Just remember this: There are hairs on your body that will be used even if all the external hair has been shaved. The hairs, um, "back there" won't be shaved and will be removed by the medical staff if needed. :biggrin_25524:

funnytanner Thanks this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted