Does England check if you're over your 70?

Discussion in 'CR England' started by eprobe, Apr 30, 2008.

1. eprobe

eprobe Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Salt Lake City, ut
    I drive for them and from what I'm being asked to do, and from what my DM tells me other drivers are able to do, I'm wondering if they actually compute how many hours you've put in over the last 7 days. I know they check for 11 and 14 hours violations--found out the hard way--but do they go through and add up your hours to see if you've done over 70? I haven't sent in a macro 4 since the first month I worked here. DM told me they're worthless anyway for determining if you're eligible for a load. Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bartage

bartage Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2008
    buffalo newyork
    no the last time i was there was back in the mid 90s and last time i checked they nrver even botherd to look at your log book they just dumped it in a file some where:biggrin_255:

4. BananaRunner

BananaRunner Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2008
    Manteca, CA
    I have been with CRE for 3 years. All of your Mac 4s - Daily Check-Ins - are sent to their main computer and all the logs that you send in with each TripPak (required by DOT regulations) are scanned into the computer also.

The computer checks the entries on your logs and if your log shows that you drove after 70 hours in an 8-day period, it creates a "log violation" and alerts a "log auditor" at CRE to review it. It also checks for adding mistakes in the "recap" section.

If the auditor confirms that you are indeed over your 70 hours, a QComm message is sent to your truck instructing you to call the log department to discuss the violation.

So, if you are "padding your logs" (not logging all hours used), the computer will NOT catch it. It probably won't be spotted until the next DOT audit. The DOT only audits those drivers who have failed a DOT inspection on the road and were placed out of service, for any reason, in the time period since the last DOT compliance audit. For CRE, that was 8 months ago.

As for DMs using that information, some do and some don't. Some DMs even tell their drivers not to bother sending in Mac 4s. Many DMs just depend on the driver notifying them when said driver doesn't have enough hours to do a trip. The best DMs do use it as much as possible! The comment made by your DM is questionable, at best.

5. roger rabbit

roger rabbit Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Gloucester City, NJ
    In addition to your question the computer also looks at location from Qcomm and matches within 50 mile radious of location if not within this area you will get a false location violation.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.