Does everyone get a hair follicle test?

Discussion in 'CR England' started by City boi, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Since you have concerns about that medicine you took, just go to CRST for 10 months, then change jobs. Get the tanker/hazmat endorsements while at CRST, then go with a tanker company and make around $65K per year. Houston is tanker heaven; plenty of good paying tanker jobs in Houston.
    The reason I say 10 months, is because that is the obligation for their cdl school. Stay 10 months and you can leave debt free and with a cdl that's good anywhere.

Moving Forward Thanks this.
  2. City boi

City boi Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2017
    Would you happen to know if they are on a case-by-case basis as far as felonies go or do they have a time length on the felonies how far they go back I most recent one was in 2008 just trying to see before I waste my time and apply anywhere

3. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    2008 is a long time ago. Most companies don't go back that far and many don't care if it was last week; they'll still hire you. Swift will also probably hire you for their school.
    Try Swift and CRST.

4. City boi

City boi Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2017
    I tried Swift but they said you have to be 10 out 10 years from the date of your discharge I was like what the heck

Chinatown Thanks this.
  5. CrowInTheCockPit

CrowInTheCockPit Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2017
    I don't agree if you smoked 3 years or so ago and you're facing a hair follicle seems fair to be slightly worried. Doesn't mean you're not taking things seriously. Only reason I chimed in is because I hear this all the time. People make it seem that anyone who is worried about a hair follicle is automatically doing something their not supposed to/has done something recently which isn't always the case especially in mine.

kanidana and x1Heavy Thank this.
  6. datnewnew

datnewnew Bobtail Member

Mar 21, 2017
    i saw somewhere that they did away with hair tests

7. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    I definitely want that interior in my T680!
    :biggrin_25514::biggrin_25517::biggrin_25524::biggrin_25525:

8. Bossladi Dee

Bossladi Dee Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2018
    Hey I live in Atlanta Ga ,bleach my hair several times and fail hair test. Long story short What Cdl school Does piss

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Stevens Transport
    Columbus, GA CDL Training Location:
    1018 Morris Rd | Columbus, GA 31906
    [​IMG]
    3 Week Columbus CDL Training with Housing Provided
    At Stevens Transport’s Columbus, GA Truck Driving Academy, new Driver Trainees can enroll everyday, and classes are held Monday through Saturday. Stevens sponsors the cost of training as well as provides lodging and transportation to Columbus, GA.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  10. kanidana

kanidana Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    Exactly...With marijuana becoming legal in several states, nobody should be surprised that some people are worrying about hair follicle tests. Contrary to popular belief, having smoked marijuana in your life at some point previous to becoming a truck driver will not make you a bad driver. The public perception of marijuana users is so warped they're almost clueless.

Now, if you want to stay in this career, you will definitely have to put the Mary Jane down because random urine drug tests are mandatory. You're just rolling the dice if you smoke it once you have your cdl and a dirty UI is a death knell to your career as a truck driver. I personally care more about my career than getting high even though I miss the sticky crystallized yummy bud.

• Draft saved Draft deleted