Does Interstate run in NYC?

Discussion in 'Interstate' started by frankiefatz, Aug 18, 2009.

1. frankiefatz

frankiefatz Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Anyone know if IDC runs in NYC? If so, very often? Also, what's their orientation like? Any physical tests (i.e. bending, lifting, climbing, etc.)?
    Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NickB

NickB Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Washington
    My wife and I only got asked to go to NYC 1 time with interstate in the almost 2 years we where there, but we didn't go because we did not have the hours to make it on time.

We didn't have to do any physical test when we went through orientation. It was just pee test , learning there procedures on paperwork and logs and a road test....

Great company for teams and I think they are running the solos pretty good these days. They bought a bunch new trucks with manual transmissions and I heard from every one there that the fleet will be all manual trans. eventually.

Good luck

frankiefatz Thanks this.
  4. Drop'n'Hook

Drop'n'Hook Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2008
    SE Louisiana
    Does anyonw know if Interstate hires students

5. NickB

NickB Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Washington
    No not any more

Drop'n'Hook Thanks this.
  6. philip237

philip237 Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2009
    denver, colorado
    I am wondering if interstate is a good choice to work for or not?

7. Jonny1

Jonny1 Medium Load Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I heard they went back to their old hiring standard of 3 years and very clean record.

8. cali

cali Light Load Member

Sep 15, 2009
    santa ana.ca
    does INTERSTATE a good choice as a solo driver,ive heard a complete TEAM operation.THX

9. ChuckK70

ChuckK70 Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Detroit, MI
    I'm going to orientation in Lebanon, TN next week. Speaking of driving tests, what is IDC's like? I mean, they seem to run the gambit out here. Some are like state CDL tests, some are nothing more than an informal around the block deal. Some are even worse than a state CDL test, some throw a curve at you. Like I read in the JCT thread, an old beat-down underpowered Super10. Never drove one of those. Straight 10's only. Do they use an auto-shift for the test or a manual? What kind of tranny(how many speeds)?

Also, does there seem to be any advantage as far as miles per week goes for solos running dry van as opposed to reefer?

Forgive me. Last minute jitters getting to me.
    :biggrin_25523:

10. NickB

NickB Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2007
    Washington
    Took Mine in Tacoma so is probably different.
    They wanted us to know the pretrip by the book.
    And the road test was pretty in depth. Make sure you check your mirrors allot and intersections.
    Took test in an auto shift.

They will give you some slack though if you drive safely. Also the boys in Lebanon are allot more laid back than in Tac.

I would not run reefer. way too much sitting and waiting. My solo friends at IDC have been doing really well with the miles the last 6 months and they are on the dry van board...

Good luck

ChuckK70 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.