Does Swift do a hair follicle test now?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Robert Eroica Dupea, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Sandman 660

Sandman 660 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2017
    New Mexico
    Didn't know. I stay away from the terminals. Now if they'd just invest some money into training drivers lol

2. Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Gold Country, California
    5 years ago, got hair tested at the Pumpkin, since I run with a no.1 buzz cut, they used my chest hairs. They usually check back to 3 month's.

3. sdchargers

sdchargers Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2017
    Arizona
    With every social media wouldn't be great if there was a 2017 list of the trucking companies dos and don't s on how their drug testing

4. sdchargers

sdchargers Bobtail Member

Jul 9, 2017
    Arizona
  5. Jimmy Hoffa

Jimmy Hoffa Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Gold Country, California
    The mega's are pushing the DOT to mandate hair testing.....

6. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Heavy Load Member

Nov 25, 2015
    How is Swift by the way? Their terminal up here in Troutdale is in a shady location.

7. Sandman 660

Sandman 660 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2017
    New Mexico
    The whole problem with swift is how big it is. We need drivers to move freight so the hiring and training practices suffer for it. The bar is really low. The school only teaches enough to pass there cdl test and the trainer uses new drivers as team drivers so they end up learning nothing.
    They do keep me running and the majority of office staff are pretty cool but the company on the whole is dysfunctional. Terminals are great places to get your truck smashed which is why I avoid them.
    Troutdale is one of my favorite terminals but you're right, everyone knows north Portland is greasy lol.

Rocknroller4 Thanks this.
  8. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Charlotte,NC
    Too many idiots coming out of these places now! Yea,we need more drug users on the road!
    If the OP has to ask what type of drug test they do then He needs to NOT be behind the wheel......
    Sorry to be harsh but this is just another example of where this industry is at now!

supremegod and DoubleO7 Thank this.
  9. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Heavy Load Member

Nov 25, 2015
    You got that right haha. Yeah it's not the greatest location but I did read they actually have good driver facilities at that terminal. Actual proper showers and all. Great profile avatar by the way. Love Celtic Frost.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  10. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    And what if they do if your drug free you'll have no problems buddy.

UsualSuspect and DoubleO7 Thank this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted