Does the company I want to work for even exist?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by CoveringBases, Feb 28, 2018.

1. CoveringBases

CoveringBases Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2016
    That sounds good. Do you know if any of those haul 53s? I'm hauling doubles right now, and I hate them very much! I really miss the 53s. I have heard great things about ABF, but I've only ever seen them pulling doubles. I see YRC and FedEx with doubles, and even triples! :eek: No thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CoveringBases

Jul 8, 2016
    That all sounds pretty Local/Regional, and I'd love to get out into the country. So many truckers WANT Local/Regional, so I would assume someone who's willing to go OTR for indeterminate periods of time would be attractive to those other companies.

4. CoveringBases

Jul 8, 2016
    I definitely want to do that as soon as I'm able, but even then I would want to haul for a company who does a lot of 24hr D&H around the country, so a lot of what I am looking for will still apply even then.

Thanks for your input!

5. stormy379

stormy379 Medium Load Member

Jan 19, 2014
    Delaware Ohio
    @CoveringBases , check out a company called Dynamic Transit. They're out of Granite City Illinois. They pull reefer trailers but they say they have a lot of drop and hook freight. Starting pay is .¢45 per mile if you have your tanker and hazmat endorsements. Those are super easy to get and I believe they will reimburse you if get them. Although they are not needed for you to be hired on, they just pay you more. Follow me if you want because I'm in a thread for Dynamic Transit . Good luck to you

CoveringBases Thanks this.
  6. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    Depending on where you live look at FCC out of Fremont, Nebraska. They have a long haul fleet, I have been here a year and absolutely love it. About 90% of what I do is drop and hook, if I do live load/unload there customers are quick.

7. Bro_Dave

Bro_Dave Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2013
    You might want to try to put your requirements in order of importance. Then you could find the "most perfect" company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.