Does your company pay miles to home time?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lennythedriver, May 28, 2020.

1. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Curious to know if after you deliver your last dispatched load and you drive from there to your home time and days off, if your company pays you for those miles? I personally don’t mind if they don’t but what ends up usually happening is the spot from my last dispatched delivery to the next one, my home is usually on the way. So they’re getting those miles for free out of me regardless.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    No. But I use the fuel they pay for to go home. Last Friday I dropped my trailer and bobtailed 58mi home and 58mi back Monday. That was after going about 100mi out of my way to go home.

I also dont play the cpm game.

Rcranch81, Coffey and Lennythedriver Thank this.
  4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Yes they should. If ur getting paid by the mile and ur not going out of route then u should be getting paid all miles . dispatch , empty and bobtail

Rcranch81 Thanks this.
  5. A Bug

A Bug Heavy Load Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Sevierville TN
    JB Hunt never paid me those miles but at least they paid for the fuel. I'm talking about a hundred miles a week sometimes.

And yes sometimes my load would be near my home and sometimes it was in the opposite direction so it was even further a drive than if I had stayed out on the road so it evens out a bit. They routed me from my home but not to my home.

Now I got a job where I live 20 miles away from terminal so I just park my car there for the week.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  6. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    At the very least you should be getting paid for the miles from your last delivery to the first pickup coming out of the house.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  7. Lostmykey

Lostmykey Medium Load Member

Oct 6, 2019
    I don’t think so; I’ve submitted papers for the DHs to home time and have yet to be paid for one. I always ask them to route me there before I start driving home. It gets the fuel paid for and means I’m really going to be starting home time. I’ve had times where I thought I’d be a day early turn into a day late.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  8. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    paid every minute

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  9. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    I'm local/regional these days, but MANY companies do. West Side Transport brags on that perk....all over.

10. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    I have never, nor will I ever, work by the mile

G13Tomcat and Hazmat Cat Thank this.
  11. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Never been paid to go home, the company wasn't shy about deadheading me 300+ miles home either so I can't complain.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.