Dog washes at truck stops?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by PermanentTourist, Aug 19, 2018.

1. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    I 've seen a few mobile dog wash vehicles hee e in so cal. You might good and see if there is one at a place you gonna be at.

x1Heavy and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Petro in Raphine, VA

PermanentTourist and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  4. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

The mobile dog washes are a good choice at times. Get referrals if you can or at lest reviews. We have a lady here on the sandbar who does this. She stays pretty busy. Don't recall her prices off hand but they weren't to bad. She had a van converted so she can give them baths/showers in the van. Prices are likely to vary by location an competition. Lady on my sandbar doesn't have a lot of folks competing with her. So she can afford to be high end on her prices.

Edit: Actually I found her website an her prices range from $75 on up to 175. The dog gets more then a bath though. Nails, hair cut if needed, etc etc, basically a spa trip for a dog. LOL. Remember to her prices are likely aimed at the tourists. I myself would never pay it. Unless I had a high maintenance dog in the fur department.

Places like Petsmart do dog bathing/grooming. Their prices are not bad at all, less the above. Usually have big enough parking lots for you to get a rig into, park and take care of business. Plus their nationwide, so you'd always have that option. Just might mean you have to go out of route, or wait ill on a break.

Oh for some reason if you need/decide to do it yourself...bucket of water, an some blue dawn dish soap. Safe for the dog, an will help with flea control, etc. Don't need to pour the water on the dog's head. Just have a cup hand an rinse him or her off.

Good luck.

Love my dogs, but lord knows they stink if they don't get a bath. lol.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Yes. She is friendly, she'll lick you after she rips your throat out. oh..yes the dog is friendly to.

x1Heavy and Swiss Mountain Dog Thank this.
  5. #wishfulthinking

#wishfulthinking Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Central Iowa
    If my dog gets "ripe" and I'm no where near a dog wash, I will fill a few gallon jugs with water and put my rubber floor mats on the ground outside my truck and wash her outside the truck. When done, I dry her off, rinse off my floor mats, set them on the catwalk to dry. I get the dog clean & my floor mats clean at the same time. I have a small dog now so I need less water now, but the dog I had for the last 14 years was about 70 lbs too.

x1Heavy and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  6. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Blue Beacon?

Well. Maybe not.

x1Heavy and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  7. laaylor

laaylor Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Creston, Wa
    If the weather is good I just fill up a couple empty 2 liters with water and wash Lola when I take a break.. she loves it! Lol:)

8. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Most Petsmart's are in a strip malls with large enough parking for your truck. Not too long though, just long enough to get the dog washed....Plus a lot of them have Banfield Pet Hospital attached, can get the dog's shots and well treatments at any Banfield across the country if you are not able to get home.

9. Bobo116

Bobo116 Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2018
    If you ask, and I have, most places will let you use the hose out side thier building... take 5 mins and wash the pup off. I carry shampoo for the little one at all times. There is always places hidden to get it done.

Today, I washed her here at dodge city petro.

laaylor and PermanentTourist Thank this.
  10. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    There's always that one busybody in every crowd though. I recall years ago in Calgary Alberta Flying J, it was very hot so I took my dog over to the pumps and soaked her down with the hose and some busybody trucker came walking up saying I was going to give my dog a heart attack with the cold water lol

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Why not?

Give him a blast.

laaylor Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.